Contribute
Register

Post Your 3770k Overclock and Geekbench score

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a 15 minute Prime95 torture and with 100% load at 49 multiplier, temps spiked to 106 max with no crash. o_O
Ouch! That's one very sick processor (sick as in unwell, not sick as in "cool"/"wicked"/etc). No crashing is one good thing, but reasonable temps is another important one. You're running that at the thermal limit, not just close to it.

Which Prime95 test was this? And what was the ambient temp when running this?
EDIT: "68*"? If you mean "68F" (20C) then (a) be consistent and use the same units throughout, and (b) a deltaC of 86C is definitely nothing to be proud of. If you meant 68C then how are you not dead? ;)

That's not a claim I'd be proud of. My advice: get a better cooler, and/or reduce the multiplier and voltage.

No delid and around 68* ambient.

Not to create confusion, this was done only at a usable 40 multiplier & 100.05mhz, not 49, which still is pretty dang good. I have yet to push much at 49 or higher simply because at that level it becomes too buggy for daily use. I'm impressed with this setup as it all seems to work so well together.

B

If those temps are with 40 multiplier, then they are not very good at all. If you didn't change anything other than the multiplier, I'd check your heatsink mount. If you did up voltage/PLL/LLC, they are set to high.

3770ks can typically do 4000 on 1.05v (some even less, mine will do it on 1.0 even). Even with that cooler, with voltage set appropriately, I'd expect peak temps to peak at 60 max.

I have the mobo controlling all but Vcore (o.oo offset) at the moment. I was done messing around, but now you guys having me thinking I have a pile O' junk! LOL Here is a full load screen shot during Prime95 "In Place large FFT" test, 25c ambient.

45_100 load.png

I think 89-90C is high but bearable for many people. When you get to Tj[sub]max[/sub] I get worried though. :)
It is valid to set -ve Vcore offsets, which would reduce temps a bit as long as it's stable (so go slowly). I'm running a -ve offset in mine (can't remember how much at the moment though and am away from the machine).

Also I find Small FFTs generally produce higher core temps than Large FFTs.

I think 89-90C is high but bearable for many people. When you get to Tj[SUB]max[/SUB] I get worried though. :)
It is valid to set -ve Vcore offsets, which would reduce temps a bit as long as it's stable (so go slowly). I'm running a -ve offset in mine (can't remember how much at the moment though and am away from the machine).

Also I find Small FFTs generally produce higher core temps than Large FFTs.

A 00.05 offset brought me down to 77c at 100%.
CoreTemp-Scr.png

For 4.0, you shouldn't need LLC at all. You can definitely run a negative offset for 4.0. You're likely to be limited in how negative you can go by idle stability, not load stability. I would try a negative offset of -0.1 (not -0.01), turn LLC off (usually by setting it to 'Normal'), or to it's lowest setting. If it's not stable at idle, increase offset by 0.01 (so -0.09, etc.) until idle is stable. If the original -0.1 is stable at idle, but not at load, increase LLC one step.

I also don't understand how more voltage equals less temps. But whatever happened, those temps are very reasonable, so if your happy, I guess no reason to tinker. With tinkering I'm pretty sure you could drop power draw and temps considerably more, but depends on your goals.

Here are my specs:
-Maximus V Formula
-i7 3770k OC'ed to 4.8x @ 1.315V
-MSI GTX Geforce 670 PE
-2400mhz 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum
-840 Pro 128gb Samsung SSD

Watercooling:
-Koolance i380 CPU Block
-XSPC 5.25 Drive Bay Rad/Pump Combo (D5 Laing Pump)
-XSPC 240 Rad
-Phobya 200 Rad
-Bitspower Fittings
-Gentle Typhoon Fans

I know this watercooling setup is overkill for only the CPU and Thermal Fusion on the MVF, but will be adding SLI 670s to the loop soon.

Geekbench: 18460
Cinebench: OpenGL: 55.50fps CPU: 9.80

Hi all!

I make some tests, and the result are the followings:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 13.56.29.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 13.56.29.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 341
@Skaker: have you some tips for me ?

My system runs good, but i think i can improve something.

I add for the processor 1.285 V and i set 46x multiplier, bclk on 1150, rams on 1840Mhz.

Thanks for your advice!

@Skaker: have you some tips for me ?

My system runs good, but i think i can improve something.

I add for the processor 1.285 V and i set 46x multiplier, bclk on 1150, rams on 1840Mhz.

Thanks for your advice!

Well, not sure. I don't understand that bclk. For IB on lga1155 your usually limited to 100 +/- 2-3. And not sure about that memory... Maybe your default bclk (actual, not set) is 0.99 and it's giving you actual reading (with a set freq of 1866)...shrug.

So... not sure what you're settings are...

EDIT: Ok, the 1150 is the gpu freq, not bclk. Makes sense now. All of the below still applies.

But... it's ok if I don't understand. If whatever your settings are work with that voltage, I'd try setting voltage back to AUTO, and instead input an offset. Of the top of my head I'd try +0.03 with LLC set to medium and PLL overvoltage enabled (unless you have sleep issues with PLL enabled). If that doesn't work increase offset in 0.005 increments.

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back