Contribute
Register

Post Your 3770k Overclock and Geekbench score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you with the H80/H100 are you happy? I just bought one but I get worse temps than I did with my stock Intel Cooler. I can't even get to 4.03 Ghz without hitting TJ after about a minute of stressing. What kind of temps are you guys seeing. Currently I idle at low speed right about 40C on each core sometime around 35C but pretty rare. My CPU block temp always stays between 45C-50C no matter what the cores are. These temps mind you are at stock 3570k speeds not even over clocked!

Also I use HWMonitor and if you go to the preferences of that App they have a history graph there so you can track where each core has been.

Make sure your pump is running at full speed. I see this a lot with the corsair water coolers. when you plug it into your motherboard fan header make sure that it is not set to a lower speed. Better yet use a Molex to 3 pin adapter and that way you know for sure it will run full speed.

my H70 pump runs at 1400rpm. Don't know what the other pumps run at. You can check this in bios.

Coolermaster Sniper tower, Mobo Asus Sabertooth Z77, 3770K OC'ed to 4,7Ghz through multiplier, cooled by Coolermaster V8. Geekbench is 17200-17333. USB 3.0 from Asmedia chip don't work (as indicated in MultiBeast, the USB 3.0 kexts are not suitable for 1155 chips), native Intel USB 3.0 ports don't work after wake.

It's interesting to note that exporting timeline from Adobe Premier CS6 project kills Media Encoder at 4,7Ghz but works like a charm at 4,6Ghz.

4,8Ghz crushes Geekbench so I figure 4,7Ghz is the maximum stable OC achievable by air cooling. However, I did see a GB report with similar setup having a score over 20K. It's definitely some voodoo magic there.

I've just recently built my first hackintosh with a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH and an i7 3770k.

I can't get the turbo boost or overclocking to work at all. I'm getting 13,300 in geekbench with or without turbo boost enabled in the bios.

Is there something I need to install with multibeast to get it to work?

Cheers,

Grant

Overclock: 4Ghz
Geekbench Score: 13894
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth

Gpu is from older build so that may affect the score.

OC: 4.4Ghz
GB: 17k
Cooler: Be!Quiet ShadowRock top flow
MB: Gb z77-ud5

Very happy, many performance, low noise :D. Very good 24/7 beast...

Overclock: 4.3GHz (103MHz base, 42x multiplier, stock voltage, XMP)
Geekbench: around 15,000
Cooler: Corsair H60 with quieter fan
Temps: just over 70C running Prime95

i7-3770k at stock speeds with turbo turned off in the Lian-Li PC-TU200 case using the stock cooler. Runs too hot for the turbo stuff. 64-bit geekbench score: 13519

Strange thing, This processor acts like it is locked. I can't change the base multiplier in the BIOS of the Z77N-WIFI motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back