Last edited by a moderator:
Is this any good?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 1.12.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 1.12.43 PM.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 240
Is this any good?

It's fine.

It turns out that Cinebench is a great synthetic CPU test-- and a near useless GPU test.

GPU scores in Cinebench are super-correlated with single-core clock speed and IPC-- as Fl0rian has pointed out with examples from his own systems. That's why you might see an R9 280X clobbering an R9 290X depending on setup, when the R9 290X is a far, far more powerful GPU-- and that power will manifest very obviously in actual gaming or GPU-intensive compute tasks (video editing, GPU accelerated image editing, etc).

In other words: Don't put a lot of comparative stock in Cinebench GPU scores unless you're on the same CPU, and you're paying close attention to CPU, single-core clocks.

winCinebench.JPGScreen Shot 2016-04-19 at 22.53.43.png

The first set of scores are from the Win 10 drive of the dual boot, and the second are from El Capitan. By disabling EIST the OSX scores increased considerably (by at least 30%), but there's still a noticeable gap in GPU performance.

So it seems some of us get reasonable performance in Cinebench, some not...I am among the last ones, with a gtx 950 I get about 89pts in Windows and about 49pts in El Capitan...Does anybody have a hint about this weird behavior? I just noted though that my results in Unigine Heaven are nearly the same on both OSs...maybe a Cinebench bug? but in that case why some of us get proper results?

First hackintosh and its looking good :)

Cinebench.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back