i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a question about installing the latest version of El Capitan on the new hackintosh that I’m building. Should I stick to the post installation with Multibeast (step 5) or should I skip to the “alternate post-installation” (step 6). Will I be able to do future system updates, FaceTime, iMessage with step 5 or do I have to go the alternate post-installation way to be able to have those features.

If anything, I don’t really care much about FaceTime or iMessage but I definitely want to have the option to do system updates.

Below is the hardware that I purchased, also any advice on the specific settings, options, driver selections, etc, that I need to select when I start installing El Capitan via post or alternate installion?

I want to make sure I don’t run into any hiccups and my system is running at optimal performance.

Thanks again guys!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Dell P2715Q 60Hz 27.0" Monitor (
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac Wireless Slim Keyboard

You're better off using MultiBeast because you can select exactly the right network drivers, it includes audio drivers, it offers some basic Clover customization, etc.

You will want to look up the specs for your motherboard model to establish the exact Ethernet and audio chips it uses, so you can select the right drivers in MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back