CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
UPDATE: I have since figured out a lot of the issues I was having, and written a guide in this thread.

Hi all,

First Hackintosh, so please excuse the basicness of my questions. I've looked at all the guides for my hardware but they all seem to be for Sierra.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the post-installation of my High Sierra on the following hardware:

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
EVGA Geforce GTC 1080 Ti SC2
4 x 16GB Ballistix DDR4-2400 ram
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD as boot drive

I have managed to install High Sierra on the NVMe M.2 SSD - but this is about as far as I have got. I installed it with the ASUS motherboard's GPU, and later inserted my EVGA GPU to attempt to get NVIDIA drivers installed and working...

but before any of that, I tried to get audio working, which seems to be harder than it should be. My mobo's audio chipset is S1220. This is not supported in MultiBeast, nor can I find kexts or guides anywhere to support this. This motherboard is on tonymac's recommended built parts list; why is audio so hard?

Instead I've tried to install kexts manually. I tried to get ALC1220 to work in lieu of anything mentioning S1220. No dice. How can I get audio working on this?

With the GPU, I've managed to plug it into the mobo and set the BIOS to use it. This works, as I've plugged the monitor into it and am using it at its default super low resolution. Nothing. I've installed the drivers, tried switching from my default graphics driver to them, restarted, but the option goes right back to default graphics driver.

At this point I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a chump. I'm getting to the point where I'm just willing to pay someone $100 to sit down with me for an hour and help me out.

I get that I've got parts slightly 'on the edge' of the recommended build parts, and that there aren't really a huge array of guides out there for High Sierra & my hardware.

Should I just cut and run and install Sierra instead?

Is there a perfect guide out there I'm missing? Or am I just super basic and can my problems be cured relatively easily?

Thanks

Last edited:
but before any of that, I tried to get audio working, which seems to be harder than it should be. My mobo's audio chipset is S1220. This is not supported in MultiBeast, nor can I find kexts or guides anywhere to support this. This motherboard is on tonymac's recommended built parts list; why is audio so hard?

Instead I've tried to install kexts manually. I tried to get ALC1220 to work in lieu of anything mentioning S1220. No dice. How can I get audio working on this?

I have the same system configuration. I am using SMBIOS iMac18,3. For audio I use Lilu + AppleALC kext and

<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</dict>

I have the same system configuration. I am using SMBIOS iMac18,3. For audio I use Lilu + AppleALC kext and

<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</dict>

I'm supposing that if I haven't used the SMBIOS setting from the beginning of my install that I have to reinstall the OS? I have just tried adding the kexts and changing the settings to what you mentioned, with no results.

Last edited:

<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</dict>
Could you show the version of your Lilu.kext & AppleALC.kext ?
Are they located in /Library/Extensions or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other ?
How many output audio devices did you get from S1220 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back