Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270x Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have successfully installed High Sierra using the unibeast method: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

Note: I had to remove my GTX 1080 and use -disablegfxfirmware in order to get it to install

I proceeded to install the alternate nvidia web drivers 378.10.10.10.15.121 located in the downloads page. But if I try to boot into osx with my GPU reinstalled I get the image below, every few seconds it will disappear then reappear. So what can I do to get my gpu working?

I tried using multibeast before like the guide suggests and it didn't do much for me, I know I need to install clover so I can boot without USB but what settings do I choose and what other post installation things need to be done?

Furthermore in order for me to boot using my integrated graphics I need to type in the bootflag -disablegfxfirmware every time I boot, is there a way to make this permanent?

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 112
you need to activate "nvidia webdriver bootflag" from multibeast 9.2.1 (before multibeast10 is released)

Can anyone give me some indication of what settings in multibeast to use? There were a lot of things in there that I wasn't sure about

I have a GTX 1080, 7700k and a gigabyte z270x ultra gaming
also got a AG241QX monitor with built in speakers, how would I get the sound working from the monitor?

You don't want to do too much with Multibeast Sierra Edition. Multibeast makes lots of changes and some of them can brick a High Sierra system. You were given advice to do something that is supported on both Sierra and High Sierra, not to generally use Multibeast Sierra Edition on High Sierra. FWIW you can just use clover configurator to change that nvidiaweb to true, you don't need multibeast to do it.

That gioScreenLockState is an incredibly common error. You'll find other posts on the forums about it and you should probably review the threads before deciding what to do next. My understanding is, one cause of it is that the nvidia web drivers are not installed cleanly due to enabling SIP. If SIP is enabled on your system (csrActiveConfig 0x0), you need to manually force a kextcache rebuild using a terminal prompt. You may also be able to do it in clover. I would advise you to disable SIP (csrActiveConfig 0x67 or 0x3FF), and force a kextcache rebuild. After a reboot that should get you going again and you shouldn't need that -disablegfxfirmware any longer. Be sure your nvidia card is enabled and primary in BIOS.

One way to do a kextcache rebuild is
$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

You don't want to do too much with Multibeast Sierra Edition. Multibeast makes lots of changes and some of them can brick a High Sierra system. You were given advice to do something that is supported on both Sierra and High Sierra, not to generally use Multibeast Sierra Edition on High Sierra. FWIW you can just use clover configurator to change that nvidiaweb to true, you don't need multibeast to do it.

That gioScreenLockState is an incredibly common error. You'll find other posts on the forums about it and you should probably review the threads before deciding what to do next. My understanding is, one cause of it is that the nvidia web drivers are not installed cleanly due to enabling SIP. If SIP is enabled on your system (csrActiveConfig 0x0), you need to manually force a kextcache rebuild using a terminal prompt. You may also be able to do it in clover. I would advise you to disable SIP (csrActiveConfig 0x67 or 0x3FF), and force a kextcache rebuild. After a reboot that should get you going again and you shouldn't need that -disablegfxfirmware any longer. Be sure your nvidia card is enabled and primary in BIOS.

Thats actually very helpful thank you. Just to clarify do I actually need to use multibeast at all? Or can i just install clover so I don't need my usb to boot?

Okay I got osx installed and used multibeast to install clover and web drivers etc

Small problem after I use multibeast and reboot my wired internet connection no longer works, I didn't mess with anything to do with internet in multibeast because it was already working... ideas?

Thats actually very helpful thank you. Just to clarify do I actually need to use multibeast at all? Or can i just install clover so I don't need my usb to boot?
Mulitbeast is a "swiss army knife" utility that has a bunch of checkboxes, and each checkbox fixes a certain Hackintosh problem, such as installing a kext to fix ethernet, or making a config.plist patch to fix icons. If you run MB and don't check anything and click "install", it does absolutely nothing. If you run MB and check a fix that is supported on Sierra or High Sierra, it'll make that fix and you'll be fine. Problems arise checking a checkbox in Sierra MB on a High Sierra system for a fix that isn't supported on the High Sierra system. Best case it'll add a config.plist patch that doesn't exist and has no net effect. Worst case it'll add a kext that bricks the system (I don't know if MB CAN do this, I'm just suggesting a possibility).

One of the big things MB does is install clover to the boot partition, which is no different than installing clover yourself. You can safely install the latest clover to your boot partition without MB. You shouldn't use MB Sierra edition on a High Sierra system unless you understand exactly what that checkbox does, and MB is very good about telling you what it's going to do, and many fixes may work. Note that MB Sierra does not read apfs drives I don't think.

None of this is meant to take away from the amazing tool that is Multibeast! Many kudos to TonyMac and everyone else for Multibeast!

Okay I got osx installed and used multibeast to install clover and web drivers etc

Small problem after I use multibeast and reboot my wired internet connection no longer works, I didn't mess with anything to do with internet in multibeast because it was already working... ideas?
Ethernet is usually as simple as a kext. It's possible you installed a competing kext and that kext is being loaded first and being used as the driver and causing ethernet not to work.

What Ethernet kext worked before? You should have a single ethernet kext in /kexts/other. Look around for ethernet kexts in other directories that may be being loaded and remove them so you just have the one, known working kext.

I don't think MB will put stuff in /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions but make sure you have one known good kext in any of those locations (/S/L/E, /L/E, /kexts/other). I don't think MB will delete anything.

Yeah I just found a post from RehabMan which said when you run clover from usb it has various ethernet stuff that will work by default so when I ran clover from boot drive it wouldn't have these things. So I've fixed that problem.

However there is one problem left, when I run OSX through my GPU which now works I get white bars flow up the screen when I'm logging in and various other graphical glitches. I have ticked the graphical fix in multibeast and it still does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back