Contribute
Register

Post Installation Problems with Restart - Unresponsive mouse and keyboard on log in screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WiFi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hi,

Yesterday I accidentally posted into the wrong category about not being able to get past a certain point of the installation. I was able to get to the desktop finally, but I'm now running into a problem post installation. After I install the drive for my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, I have to restart my machine. I removed the USB stick and tried starting from my SSD but I am getting the black screen with the circle slash through it.

I tried booting with the USB stick then selecting my SSD which has High Sierra installed on it. I can get to the log in screen for my account, but then my mouse and keyboard become unresponsive.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

I got everything up and running without any problems on restart! I copied the EFI folder from my USB stick to the SSD and now I can boot without the USB Stick.

Now on to Multibeast issues:
• Under Audio Drivers, there is no option for what my mobo supports (ALC1220-VB).
• I am also trying to connect my Thunderbolt display (A1407) via a Micro Displayport to Displayport adapter into my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti but I'm not getting any signal to the display.
• Lastly (for now) I haven't been able to get my wi-fi card to work. During the initial setup of High Sierra I selected "My computer does not connect to the internet".

Any suggestions on how to get these working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back