1. iOS
My first Hackintosh install:

• Motherboard GA-Z97N-WIFI
  • Intel Core i7-4790K
  • 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 (8x2)
  • Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD
  • Corsair CS 550 Watt Modular
  • GeForce GTX 970

I used the the Buyers guide CustoMac Mini Deluxe (mini-ITX)components with a GTX 970 instead of the GTX 760

Installion:

Removed the GTX 970 before installation.

BIOS Settings:

:ch:
M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1
:ch: BIOS Features > VT-d > Disable
:ch: Peripherals > Initial Display Output > IGFX <--- on-board graphics for install ()
:ch: Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Enable
:ch: Power Management > Wake on LAN > Disable

Only the DVI output works (HDMI gives boot error)

I had to replace my 2x8 GB memory with 1x4GB to get to the installation process. (-
v maxmem=4096 wassent working for me)

Completed the Installation successfully

Run MultiBeast:

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-08 om 12.29.42.png
After rebooting i get the following error (with the onboard graphics): :confused:IMG_0257.jpg

With the GTX 970 installed and bios setting to PCIe, it freezes after FakeSMCKeystore: started :crazy:

Can somebody please:rolleyes: help me out?

If needed I can access my SSD (usb-sata) with Macbook Pro.

Install one driver at a time. This is a common error people have been running into. Install your internet driver and fake smc driver first. Then try the trim enabler. I can't remember which of the ones is the problem one (I think it may have been the usb and sata ones).

Hey I was playing around with the exact same setup today sans discrete GPU and SSD

• Intel Core i7-4790K
  • Seagate 3 TB
  • Corsair CS550

Its my first hackintosh, and I couldn't get mutlibeast to work well either! I too was getting cpu panic whenever I tried to reboot after multibeast. You may need to change one setting at a time like was mentioned, I'm not an expert. That said, I ended up following the steps for Clover and I like it much better! I'm writing this from my hackintosh!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...0-mhz-ddr3-onboard-graphics-using-clover.html

For us, we have a different network kext than the link, use AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AtherosL1cEthernet.kext instead but follow the same process. (I think only the Intel one works, but I tired both anyway). Also I used the latest Clover available so things were slightly different. But app store, iMessage, etc worked right away for me! It overall just feels more stable and "native" so far.

I haven't done the audio fix yet, and I can only use one screen right now. My goal is:

• Fix Audio
  • Fix graphics to use all three display outs
  • I've had one crash so far that I took a screenshot of. I'd like to iron that out
  • Add Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD to my 3TB for a fusion drive
  • Consider adding GeForce GTC 750 ti SC if I end up playing more games
  • And if I play even more games consider dual booting windows

Let me know how your install goes. If I'm successful I'll post a thread about it.

Hey I was playing around with the exact same setup today sans discrete GPU and SSD

• Intel Core i7-4790K
  • Seagate 3 TB
  • Corsair CS550

Its my first hackintosh, and I couldn't get mutlibeast to work well either! I too was getting cpu panic whenever I tried to reboot after multibeast. You may need to change one setting at a time like was mentioned, I'm not an expert. That said, I ended up following the steps for Clover and I like it much better! I'm writing this from my hackintosh!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...0-mhz-ddr3-onboard-graphics-using-clover.html

For us, we have a different network kext than the link, use AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AtherosL1cEthernet.kext instead but follow the same process. (I think only the Intel one works, but I tired both anyway). Also I used the latest Clover available so things were slightly different. But app store, iMessage, etc worked right away for me! It overall just feels more stable and "native" so far.

I haven't done the audio fix yet, and I can only use one screen right now. My goal is:

• Fix Audio
  • Fix graphics to use all three display outs
  • I've had one crash so far that I took a screenshot of. I'd like to iron that out
  • Add Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD to my 3TB for a fusion drive
  • Consider adding GeForce GTC 750 ti SC if I end up playing more games
  • And if I play even more games consider dual booting windows

Let me know how your install goes. If I'm successful I'll post a thread about it.

I used your clover guide link and now everything is running fine. Thanks for your help!:D

I used your clover guide link and now everything is running fine. Thanks for your help!:D

haha well if you want to pay it forward any help you can offer as to how you got your audio working would be great for me! I'm stuck!

EDIT
I'll be more specific about being stuck. So I have the same board GA-Z97N Wifi.

In my config.plist file I've got the kext-dev-mode=1 now.
<snip>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>
</dict>

</snip>

I tried running "audio_realtekALC-100.command" but to no avail

Googling around I also tried running "AppleHDA8Series.sh" from http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/new-style-of-applehda-kext-patching-for-yosemite/

What is interesting is when I run that command I get an error that makes me think something is wrong with my config.plist file because it's not seeing the kext-dev-mode=1

Warning: Argument 'kext-dev-mode=1' not found (AppleHDA892.kext won't load)!

Please if you have audio working on that board, I'm desperate for ideas. Thanks

haha well if you want to pay it forward any help you can offer as to how you got your audio working would be great for me! I'm stuck!

EDIT
I'll be more specific about being stuck. So I have the same board GA-Z97N Wifi.

In my config.plist file I've got the kext-dev-mode=1 now.
<snip>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>
</dict>

</snip>

I tried running "audio_realtekALC-100.command" but to no avail

Googling around I also tried running "AppleHDA8Series.sh" from http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/new-style-of-applehda-kext-patching-for-yosemite/

What is interesting is when I run that command I get an error that makes me think something is wrong with my config.plist file because it's not seeing the kext-dev-mode=1

Warning: Argument 'kext-dev-mode=1' not found (AppleHDA892.kext won't load)!

Please if you have audio working on that board, I'm desperate for ideas. Thanks

Did you use this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post886744 ?

If you run the audio_cover......command

select the following options:

confirm realtek ALC892 y
clover audio id injection y
Use audio ID 1: 1 n
Select audio ID: 1

After completion: Shut down and start up again

If you log on again under prefences -audio-output select you output and your done.

I hope this helps

Thanks Heijningen, I'll give it a try tonight. I ran the "audio_realtekALC-100.command" 'but to your post maybe I need to run "audio_cloverALC-100.command" instead. Hopefully running the realtek one first isn't going to mess things up for me. I was dumb and didn't backup the original kext. I'll edit this post with an update tonight.

ALSO, another pro tip I found out on the setup. I was having an issue with the sleep. Essentially if it was asleep for too long it would reboot itself. I found a fix for that, I'm curious to know if you have the same problem? I'll post the fix tonight too. And lastly, I edited my config.plist to "config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop.zip
That's in the clover installation guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Like magic I now have three monitors working off the HD4600, no discrete card installed. I found that interesting because I've got 3 dvi monitors (obviously for the board I have two DVI to HDMI adapters) but the gigabyte site says that for three monitors i'll have to use a d sub converter on the DVI port to make it DVI to VGA. However once OSX booted up everything worked without making that conversion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back