Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My build has been running High Sierra splendidly for nearly two years until today. Initially, it lost connection to the internet (via ethernet). Upon restart, it got caught in a boot loop. I've tried -x and debug=0x100 to no avail. Just before booting into Clover (version 4458), it posts this message. Not well-versed enough to know whether any of this is good or bad but figured I'd include it to be safe.
IMG_8455.JPG

Here's what I could dig up on verbose boot (I apologize for the poor quality, the boot log is moving incredibly fast.)
For the sake of clarity, the error code reads "panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8810f154f0): initproc exited -- exist reason namespace 7 subcode 0x1 description: assertion failed..." Let me know if I need to take another video that includes more of the code.
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.41.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.42.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.42.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.43.02 AM.png

Before restarting it posts this error report.
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.46.11 AM.png

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Thanks!

Let me know if there's anything I can do.
See the following thread:

See the following thread:
Thanks so much! Followed the instructions listed in the thread and in the mrmacintosh post, and I tried removing the Chrome update through both Single User Mode method and Terminal in Recovery Mode method. Even with CSRActiveConfig and SIP set to 0x0000 in Clover, I don't have the permissions to move/edit the var file. Specifically, the Recovery Mode Terminal command

xattr -sw com.apple/rootless "" /var

states that the operation is not permitted. Is there any way to alter the permissions that I haven't tried yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back