Motherboard
MSI Z270 Tomahawk
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey guys, im little lost. And worst of all - im not sure if i can do thing im trying to do.
Installed catalina with config attached. Works... Okay i think. I have some random crashes when turning, but it is memory issue, probably i need to fix kext little. But this is not main issue.

Graphic's main issue. I have whole 5mb ram reported. I think i have correctly set patching for Intel HD Graphics 630 but it doesn't work. Could it be cause i have hdmi connected to my graphic card rather than motherboard? (and bios is set to egpu too). Switching hdmi to motherboard port didn't do anything, only made my dualboot useless since windows couldn't use nvidia then...

Do i need to somehow pass iGPU signal through eGPU hdmi port?

specs:
i5-7600k
MSI z270 Tomahawk
nvidia 1080
dualboot with windows, sepparate ssd, efi controlled by clover.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 105
Hey guys, im little lost. And worst of all - im not sure if i can do thing im trying to do.
Installed catalina with config attached. Works... Okay i think. I have some random crashes when turning, but it is memory issue, probably i need to fix kext little. But this is not main issue.

Graphic's main issue. I have whole 5mb ram reported. I think i have correctly set patching for Intel HD Graphics 630 but it doesn't work. Could it be cause i have hdmi connected to my graphic card rather than motherboard? (and bios is set to egpu too). Switching hdmi to motherboard port didn't do anything, only made my dualboot useless since windows couldn't use nvidia then...

Do i need to somehow pass iGPU signal through eGPU hdmi port?

specs:
i5-7600k
MSI z270 Tomahawk
nvidia 1080
dualboot with windows, sepparate ssd, efi controlled by clover.
you should be plugging your hdmi cable to your motherboard (your Intel Graphics) as your Nvidia is not supported in Catalina

you can then use Hackintool to setup appropriate patches for your intel graphics

you should be plugging your hdmi cable to your motherboard (your Intel Graphics) as your Nvidia is not supported in Catalina

you can then use Hackintool to setup appropriate patches for your intel graphics

That's bummer. Then windows will be useles...

Thank you for tool. I have used it but probably cause of connection it didn't do trick.

That's bummer. Then windows will be useles...

Thank you for tool. I have used it but probably cause of connection it didn't do trick.
yes, best to remove the nvidia card from your system

also best to disable nvidia from loading in your config.plist
NvidiaWeb -> false

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back