Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 84EE
CPU
Intel Core i5-8400T - HexaCore - Coffe Lake
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630 / nVIDIA Geforce MX130
Okey, so I have installed macOS Mojave on my AiO. I had no problems in installation and so I thought that everything was okey. I installed, restarted and still everything was working. Issues started after the first reboot. I had no sound, no ethernet and a strange delay in graphics at boot. I tried every single thing I thought might work. Still nothing helped. So I thought: Maybe updating macOS will do something. And I updated to Big Sur. And just like before, during the first time after update everything was working. After I restarted audio stopped working just like on Mojave. Ethernet is mainly working, and this delay at booting is back. I am running OpenCore and recently a new update of (0.6.5) kicked in so I updated and still nothing changed except the fact that this delay at boot is kinda random now. I followed this and set my config to block com.apple.driver.AppleHPET but it didn't help.

My machine:
- motherboard: HP 84EE
- processor: Intel Core i5-8400T [Coffe Lake]
- graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 / nVIDIA GeForce MX130
- sound: Realtek ALC225
- network: Realtek RTL8168/8111 on PCI-E for wired connection and Realtek RTL8822BE for wifi

I also remember that when I tried to install linux on this machine [any distro] I got this issue.

My EFI folder:
- ACPI: SSDT-AWAC | SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP | SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA | SSDT-PMC | SSDT-PNLF-CFL | SSDT-XOSI
- Drivers: HfsPlus | OpenCanopy | OpenRuntime
- Kexts: AppleALC | Lilu | NVMeFix | RealtekRTL8111 | USBInjectAll | VirtualSMC | WhateverGreen
- Tools: OpenShell.efi

I am now running macOS Big Sur 11.0 and OpenCore 0.6.5.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.8 KB · Views: 64
So I added "-alcbeta" in my boot args and that helped with audio (I think). But still I have that delay issue.
This delay is very annoying mainly because of the fact that it extends boot time. After "first apple logo loading bar" goes to around 50% it fades out and I am greeted with black screen for around 2-3 minutes and after that I get macOS login screen.
Sometimes when this apple logo goes to 50% it like glitches out with red shadow and then it normally loads to macOS login screen. (this doesn't take around 2-3 minutes only like 5 seconds).
So I also learned that login screen is there all the time, it's just not displaying - I normally logged in with my password and after this 2-3 minutes I was greeted with opened apps and normal desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back