9600GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Post install - No video [FIXED] - No audio - Mountain Lion

(I previously had Snow Leopard. Reviving the Hackintosh. I used to have a clue and contributed to the community.)

So I've followed the guide on the home page. Everything was going smoothly...

Installed ML.
Rebooted, loaded into ML.
D/L'd Multibeast 5.0.2. Ran.

On reboot, everything seems to run fine, but when I'm expecting to see the ML desktop, my monitor loses signal.

Trying to run safemode, with same result. Cannot get back into ML.

Is there something I'm missing that stands out to anyone else?

It seems weird that I can install and run Mountain Lion, with everything seemingly great, until I run Multibeast for HD boot.

Specs are:
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L (Intel G41 / ICH7 / Rev. 1.0)
Core Duo 5300
Galaxy 9600 GTX 512MB

try running GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag

I am also having the same problem. I have a G41M-ES2L and a GT210 512mb graphics card. I had Lion running just fine. I installed using UniBeast and then ran MultiBeast with the EasyBeast Package. I cant find a DSDT anywhere so I did the EasyBeast. After install, I can boot in to finish the setup and get everything working. I install Multibeast, reboot, and bam my monitor loses signal. Doesnt throw KP, tried booting -v and all seemed well, and then monitor goes blank. Tried -x with no luck and also tried GraphicsEnabler=No with no luck :(

Any suggestions? This is my second build and I am stumped.
Thanks in advance!

Post install - No video [FIXED] - No audio - Mountain Lion

(Thank you for the suggestion on the GraphicsEnabler, however, it still did not work.)

I got my video working and ML booting, but not the audio yet.

I updated my bios to F9, which I hadn't upgraded since Snow Leopard days (was at F3). I created a new DSDT file by booting into windows and running the DSDT editor. THIS IS EASY TO DO. A simple walk through here: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559&start=0.

I have no problem sharing my DSDT file. But be aware my board revision is 1.0, I believe this will make a difference.

I have my build dual booting ML and Win7 on a single 1TB hard drive. It's easy. To do this:
- Boot off your USB ML installer.
- Go do DiskUtilities instead of installation.
- Select your Hard Drive and select "Partition".
- Change the partition layout to 2 partitions.
- Format the first partition to Mac OS Journaled.
- Format the second partition to MS-DOS (name it so you recognize it later).
- Without installing OSX, restart and boot Win 7 disc to install Win 7 on the MSDOS partition. Do a custom install and find the MSDOS partition. Select the partition and format it again (NTFS). Then click next and finish the windows install.
- Follow the tutorial above to download the DSDT editor for windows, create a DSDT file, and patch it. Save the .aml file somewhere so you can access it when you're installing ML ie. email it to your gmail, save it to an MSDOS formatted USB drive, or save it to network location (I saved mine to my home network server).
- Now, boot off your USB again, this time installing ML to the 1st partition.
- After install, boot again off your USB, this time selecting your new ML installation.
- Once loaded, retrieve your .aml file from where ever you saved it and put it on your desktop (it should be named DSDT.aml)
- Run multibeat. I selected the User DSDT option and the audio legacy for 888b, and the LAN driver 8*** (I think it is, don't know if it matters, because it was working ootb).
- Finish installing and remove USB drive. Hopefully you're at least booting in.

Note: My audio is NOT working. :( Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm getting an occasional 2-4 second lockup while working on it. This may be related to the fact that the audio is not working, but I'm unsure. Perhaps I need additional kext installations. If anyone has feedback here, too, that would be great!

In snow leopard days, I learned how to manually edit the DSDT and made the audio work with a kext. But I can't even remember how I did it, nor do I know what kext I should be using for ML.

I hope this is helpful.

Post install - FIXED - Mountain Lion

Got the audio working, too. Used HacMan's thread here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/26564-attention-alc888b-users.html

Still having strange 2-4 second freeze ups, seems related to HD access (such as opening finder, or anything that is not currently stored in RAM). Brainstorming -- Guessing SATA drivers? Any other ideas.

If I can get everything at or near 100%, I'll create a more detailed walkthrough.

Oh, could I try your DSDT?

Yep, send me your email address.

Well I have gotten mine to boot without you're DSDT, though i would still like it :), and I thought I would share. I was actually trying to post some info on this earlier, but it kept getting deleted cause I used a certain word. Lets just say I got mine booting with some knowledge I learned from a different source. It's a piece of CAKE (<--didn't even wanna use a K) to do. A WALK in the park some might say...

Basically I took my Device and Vendor ID's for my video card (Can be found under Apps>Utilities>System Information>Graphics/Displays) and added a line for them in the "info.plist" file under the "NVDANV50Hal.kext" package contents. You can find that kext in /System/Library/Extensions/. Copy that kext to your desktop and then open the "info.plist" file under there. Add a line for both your device and vendor ID's under the last string from key "IOPCIPrimaryMatch". Follow the format of course. So for my GT210 the Vendor is nVidia, the ID is "0x10de". Follow the format and just replace the first 6 characters. So the line I added was "0x10de10de&amp;0xffe0ffff". Then do the same for your device ID. Lastly, use KextBeast to install the kext BUT before you reboot, install MultiBeast, restart and you're good to go!

And all of this was done using the UniBeast install from USB method (I legally purchased OSX 10.8), and then installing MultiBeast.

Hope this helps!

That's great. Sorry I flaked out on you. Not intentionally. I ruined my install and got frustrated, then distracted with other Life stuff. So, are you not getting the occasional temporary freezes? Which version of board and bios do you have?

Thanks for following up too, that's how it's done. :)

No mine does not freeze up, however that install got ruined and i cannot seem to get it to boot again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back