i7 2.1 Ghz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm new to the world of Mac OS on a laptop and I don't know for sure how to configure it after installation. I'm searched the forum for an answer but didn't manage to find it and that's why I'm posting this thread(if already discussed, please forgive me).
I have a Dell 15R 7520 on which I've managed to install Mac OS Mavericks. I had the "black screen" problem when trying to reach the Installation screen but I've solved it by using the IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No command at boot screen.
After Mavericks was successfully installed, I ran the Multibeast and installed "DSDT Free" from QuickStart, "Realtek Network", "NullCPUPowerManagement", "PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads", "USB 3.0 - Universal" from Drivers, but I've disabled "Generate CPU States", "Hibert\nate Mode - Desktop" and "Use KernelCache" from Customize.
After that, I installed this configuration, restarted the PC and, here is my problem, the "black screen" appears again when trying to boot the Installed Mavericks.
What have I done wrong or what should I modify in order for the Mavericks to successfully boot?
It's not such a big deal to use IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No, every time I want to boot Mavericks, but I would prefer not to be forced to use it :).

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm new to the world of Mac OS on a laptop and I don't know for sure how to configure it after installation. I'm searched the forum for an answer but didn't manage to find it and that's why I'm posting this thread(if already discussed, please forgive me).
I have a Dell 15R 7520 on which I've managed to install Mac OS Mavericks. I had the "black screen" problem when trying to reach the Installation screen but I've solved it by using the IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No command at boot screen.
After Mavericks was successfully installed, I ran the Multibeast and installed "DSDT Free" from QuickStart, "Realtek Network", "NullCPUPowerManagement", "PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads", "USB 3.0 - Universal" from Drivers, but I've disabled "Generate CPU States", "Hibert\nate Mode - Desktop" and "Use KernelCache" from Customize.
After that, I installed this configuration, restarted the PC and, here is my problem, the "black screen" appears again when trying to boot the Installed Mavericks.
What have I done wrong or what should I modify in order for the Mavericks to successfully boot?
It's not such a big deal to use IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No, every time I want to boot Mavericks, but I would prefer not to be forced to use it :).

Thank you.

If those flags work for your computer, you should add them to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist so you don't have to type them each time.

If those flags work for your computer, you should add them to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist so you don't have to type them each time.

If you can walk me through some steps on how to do that, then my problem is solved. Thank you very much for your help !!!

If you can walk me through some steps on how to do that, then my problem is solved. Thank you very much for your help !!!

Have you looked at the contents of the file yet?

Have you looked at the contents of the file yet?

I've managed to modify the file and it's working :). Thanks for the advice!!
Here is how my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>IGPlatformID=01660003</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Now I've noticed that my trackpad is not working. I have a wireless mouse and that's why I haven't notice this before. Any ideas ?

Have a great day/night !

I've managed to modify the file and it's working :). Thanks for the advice!!
Here is how my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>IGPlatformID=01660003</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Now I've noticed that my trackpad is not working. I have a wireless mouse and that's why I haven't notice this before. Any ideas ?

Have a great day/night !

IGPlatformID is not set correctly. You should have:
Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
        <key>IGPlatformID</key>
        <string>01660003</string>

Which trackpad is in your laptop? (you need to install PS2 drivers for keyboard/trackpad).

Which trackpad is in your laptop? (you need to install PS2 drivers for keyboard/trackpad).

I have the trackpad that's integrated on my Dell 15R 7520. I don't know for sure what model is, but I installed the PS2 drivers from Multibeast. These are the kexts files related to Mouse and PS2:
Code:
AppleHIDMouse.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

I don't know why it's not working. If I boot in "Safe Boot" using the -x flag, then it's working. Thanks.

I have the trackpad that's integrated on my Dell 15R 7520. I don't know for sure what model is, but I installed the PS2 drivers from Multibeast. These are the kexts files related to Mouse and PS2:
Code:
AppleHIDMouse.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

I don't know why it's not working. If I boot in "Safe Boot" using the -x flag, then it's working. Thanks.

Find out what kind of trackpad it is. After you know, you can search for appropriate drivers. You can look in Windows Device Manager under Properties -> Advanced for the trackpad...

Find out what kind of trackpad it is. After you know, you can search for appropriate drivers. You can look in Windows Device Manager under Properties -> Advanced for the trackpad...

Ok, so I checked what trackpad/touchpad is on my laptop and seen that I have Dell Touchpad. Searched the internet for kexts and found some drivers made by you (I think :-|). I deleted every kexts from S/L/E that had PS2 in their name and installed the other ones using Kext Wizard and after that I copied the VodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin, rebuild the permissions and cache-> restart and now everything works. Thank you for all your help !!! I've struggled with post-installation for two weeks now :(. The only thing that doesn't work now is my WiFi, but from what I've read about this, there are no drivers yet.

Thanks again !

Ok, so I checked what trackpad/touchpad is on my laptop and seen that I have Dell Touchpad.

FYI: Dell does not make trackpads.

Searched the internet for kexts and found some drivers made by you (I think :-|). I deleted every kexts from S/L/E that had PS2 in their name and installed the other ones using Kext Wizard and after that I copied the VodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin, rebuild the permissions and cache-> restart and now everything works. Thank you for all your help !!! I've struggled with post-installation for two weeks now

Either you had Synaptics or you have ALPS and found the bpedman branch of my driver with ALPS support.

:(. The only thing that doesn't work now is my WiFi, but from what I've read about this, there are no drivers yet.

What WiFi do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out. Unless you have supported hardware, you'll need to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back