1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off - longtime listener, first time caller... though not really; haven't posted in years. I've got two nice hackintoshes that I've had since about 2009 buzzing along well. The i7 with gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard was acting up -- I've had many installations that I would update with no issue, but was using Chameleon on the EFI boot partition. I decided to get another drive, install from scratch and try this clover.

Had a few issues in terms of installation but it was all legacy usb / shutting off usb3. I'd like to turn it on. I've got an ATI Radeon 5870 and have the machine set as imac 11.3

I've installed Clover to the EFI boot for the main new hard drive (and the old chameleon one is pulled for the time being). I installed Clover into the ESP -- but hmm just noticed I also have 'use alternative booting pbr' selected as well.

When I boot from the harddrive, I get clover (really ugly theme too), I select my main HD and then I get the long startup / progress bar hang. When I boot from the Unibeast USB I can select the hard drive and get to it no problem -- so it's definitely something in my clover on that hard drive.

Trying to figure out how to boot -v with clover (tried to select options) -- rebooting now to see if there's anything I missed. It seems like I have to select options and then go back and select a harddrive to boot from? Not the same as chameleon where I select a drive and then can select / type in the flag?

What's also interesting is that my wireless keyboard works great during the bios booting but once I get to any osx / clover related items it ceases to function and I've got to use the wired one.

Last edited:
First off - longtime listener, first time caller... though not really; haven't posted in years. I've got two nice hackintoshes that I've had since about 2009 buzzing along well. The i7 with gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard was acting up -- I've had many installations that I would update with no issue, but was using Chameleon on the EFI boot partition. I decided to get another drive, install from scratch and try this clover.

Had a few issues in terms of installation but it was all legacy usb / shutting off usb3. I'd like to turn it on. I've got an ATI Radeon 5870 and have the machine set as imac 11.3

I've installed Clover to the EFI boot for the main new hard drive (and the old chameleon one is pulled for the time being). I installed Clover into the ESP -- but hmm just noticed I also have 'use alternative booting pbr' selected as well.

When I boot from the harddrive, I get clover (really ugly theme too), I select my main HD and then I get the long startup / progress bar hang. When I boot from the Unibeast USB I can select the hard drive and get to it no problem -- so it's definitely something in my clover on that hard drive.

Trying to figure out how to boot -v with clover (tried to select options) -- rebooting now to see if there's anything I missed. It seems like I have to select options and then go back and select a harddrive to boot from? Not the same as chameleon where I select a drive and then can select / type in the flag?

What's also interesting is that my wireless keyboard works great during the bios booting but once I get to any osx / clover related items it ceases to function and I've got to use the wired one.

No solution for NEC chipset for USB3 in 10.11. Attach Config.plist.

Hmm; so you're saying there's no support for USB3 in 10.11? I already had 10.11 installed on the original upgraded-path drive i.e. installed 10.8 years ago, and have updated to the latest just fine -- and had support for the wireless usb3 keyboard then. It was only that the machine started to get flaky elsewhere (i.e. software installs) that I felt I'll clean house and do a virgin set up -- so back to square one.

I can't test that as yet though -- as I have to keep usb 3 off in order to boot clover from the install usb flash drive in order to get to the SATA installed drive. When I boot to the SATA clover, I get hung up and can't continue; that's my issue.

Hmm; so you're saying there's no support for USB3 in 10.11? I already had 10.11 installed on the original upgraded-path drive i.e. installed 10.8 years ago, and have updated to the latest just fine -- and had support for the wireless usb3 keyboard then. It was only that the machine started to get flaky elsewhere (i.e. software installs) that I felt I'll clean house and do a virgin set up -- so back to square one.

I can't test that as yet though -- as I have to keep usb 3 off in order to boot clover from the install usb flash drive in order to get to the SATA installed drive. When I boot to the SATA clover, I get hung up and can't continue; that's my issue.

Intel USB 3 works better in 10.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back