Contribute
Register

Possible to wire up power button without front logic panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the previous comments the 2 leads on the left side of the board are for the switch, it shouldn't matter which color wire goes to which if you don't plan on using the LED because a PC power switch merely connects the 2 wires together when pushed, which fires up the PC.

The left ones but looking at it which way :p

If someone could just confirm which letters I use that would be simpler haha :)

Thanks rehpotsirhc though :)

R= Power Switch
B= Common Ground (shared between switch and LED)
W= Power LED

May as well hook up the LED while you're messing with it, especially if you have the extra wire out of that same case. The ground can go to either ground pin and it should still work, or you can hook up both to the single wire.

Thank you :)

Yeh I may as well wire it up, that way I can plug it in if I decide to.

So would I then do

Positive LED - W
Negative LED- B
Negative Power-B
Positive Power- R

Would that be correct?

I am just thinking. Would it be possible to just strip the motherboard header cable and solder it directly to the PCB? rather than stripping the cables that are already attached?

Would I have to desolder the original cables and then solder the new ones in place or can I just hold the cable on top of the solder that is there and then add another blob to keep it in place?

That would be a cleaner solution to splicing onto the wires, but also easier to mess up.

That is true. However my friend has years of experience of soldering DC jacks in laptops and replacing capacitors on motherboards etc so I was going to get him to do it for me.

He certainly has the best chance. I figure by sticking some cardboard in between each point that will limit the chance of dropping some solder where it shouldn't go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back