Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Possible to use Catalina with NVIDIA Pascal installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z370-f
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I recently updated my PC from High Sierra to Catalina. HS is just too old for my programs, but was the best option for the NVIDIA graphics.
Now I installed Catalina successfully, but I've got one question:

Is it possible, to use the iGPU as before, but hide the NVIDIA-GPU from the OS?
Because if i install my NVIDIA to the PC to use it for gaming in Windows, MacOS runs into a kernel panic and is not able to boot..

I'm using the bootarg "nv-disable=1", but this doesn't help. Maybe you've got an idea.
I've attached my EFI folder and the panic log.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 94
  • Kernel_2020-07-12-000805_Julians-iMac.panic.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 60
Hi there,

I recently updated my PC from High Sierra to Catalina. HS is just too old for my programs, but was the best option for the NVIDIA graphics.
Now I installed Catalina successfully, but I've got one question:

Is it possible, to use the iGPU as before, but hide the NVIDIA-GPU from the OS?
Because if i install my NVIDIA to the PC to use it for gaming in Windows, MacOS runs into a kernel panic and is not able to boot..

I'm using the bootarg "nv-disable=1", but this doesn't help. Maybe you've got an idea.
I've attached my EFI folder and the panic log.

The best solution is to have a separate PC for windows and macOS. If that's not doable then you've got to disable your Nvidia card. Search for: "SSDT trick to disable Nvidia."

Thanks. Since the SSDT tricks didn't work because the program for doing the trick didn't function, i searched with your keywords.
There I saw the possibility to disable the NVidia GPU in the config.plist, as seen in the screenshot.
I also used the bootflag "-wegnoegpu" and it's working now!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 02.39.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 02.39.30.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back