GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (Clover)
CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys - I was attempting to install the Win10 TP as a triple boot with OS X and Win8.1. All installed to unique drives.

Win8.1 was installed as legacy as per Going Bald's good dual boot guide and all good there. I haven't been able to install Windows10 as legacy though. If I change bios to boot legacy only I get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key message." If I remove the efi folder from the USB I created and try to install I get the same message.

I created the USB from the ISO download, mounted it and copied contents to the USB which was formatted as FAT32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Guys - I was attempting to install the Win10 TP as a triple boot with OS X and Win8.1. All installed to unique drives.

Win8.1 was installed as legacy as per Going Bald's good dual boot guide and all good there. I haven't been able to install Windows10 as legacy though. If I change bios to boot legacy only I get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key message." If I remove the efi folder from the USB I created and try to install I get the same message.

I created the USB from the ISO download, mounted it and copied contents to the USB which was formatted as FAT32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Try procedure http://www.intowindows.com/install-windows-10-from-usb-drive/ to create your Win10 USB. Please take note of the Win7/8/8.1 32bit vs 64 bit warning. Make sure your version of Win8.1 is 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back