Contribute
Register

Possible to successfully and safely tweak a prebuild SSDT without access to Windows for a SSDT Helper dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI
CPU
i7770
Graphics
AMD560
Hi,

I've swapped from Clover to Opencore in order to get a working install of Monterey (running 12.2.1). All seems to working nicely but the only issue I've had is that I've had to resort to the prebuilt SSDT files as I don't have Windows installed on the machine to grab a dump of mine.

I was wondering if this is a problem or not (i.e just live with the extra few seconds on boot, it's not going to affect mac performance) or if it's possible to reliably manually tweak it using mac only software. I do still have the config.plist from Clover and the configurator if this maybe had that data in it was advantageous for this?

I'm using Opencore 0.7.8 and the latest SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC-USBX downloads (all grabbed off the Dortania links yesterday). The machine is a MSI Artic Mortar H270 motherboard with an Intel i7 7700 CPU.

Hi,

I've swapped from Clover to Opencore in order to get a working install of Monterey (running 12.2.1). All seems to working nicely but the only issue I've had is that I've had to resort to the prebuilt SSDT files as I don't have Windows installed on the machine to grab a dump of mine.

I was wondering if this is a problem or not (i.e just live with the extra few seconds on boot, it's not going to affect mac performance) or if it's possible to reliably manually tweak it using mac only software. I do still have the config.plist from Clover and the configurator if this maybe had that data in it was advantageous for this?

I'm using Opencore 0.7.8 and the latest SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC-USBX downloads (all grabbed off the Dortania links yesterday). The machine is a MSI Artic Mortar H270 motherboard with an Intel i7 7700 CPU.
you can use https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime to generate your own if you wish

oh brill, I only thought there was a windows or linux version!

So if I've read this right, I need too:
-Download SSDTTime from that link
-Run it, dump the DSDT to get the SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC aml files.
-Download the additional prebuilt SSDT-USBX file as I'll need it too.
-Download and run Maciasl to compile the PLUG and EC files (do they need compiling? This bit was vague on the Open Core installer if they do or if it's just manual ones).
-Add into EFI/OC/ACPI (and remove current ones), run Propertree to rebuild the config, save
-Reboot and job done?

oh brill, I only thought there was a windows or linux version!

So if I've read this right, I need too:
-Download SSDTTime from that link
-Run it, dump the DSDT to get the SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC aml files.
-Download the additional prebuilt SSDT-USBX file as I'll need it too.
-Download and run Maciasl to compile the PLUG and EC files (do they need compiling? This bit was vague on the Open Core installer if they do or if it's just manual ones).
-Add into EFI/OC/ACPI (and remove current ones), run Propertree to rebuild the config, save
-Reboot and job done?
it should generate the aml files for you

I've looked at SSDTtime but it doesn't give me a dump DSDT option. I'm guessing it's because I'm already running macOS via a prebuilt SDST? Just get these....

1. FixHPET - Patch Out IRQ Conflicts

2. FakeEC - OS-Aware Fake EC

3. FakeEC Laptop - Only Builds Fake EC - Leaves Existing Untouched

4. PluginType - Sets plugin-type = 1 on First ProcessorObj

5. PMC - Enables Native NVRAM on True 300-Series Boards

6. AWAC - Context-Aware AWAC Disable and RTC Fake

7. USB Reset - Reset USB controllers to allow hardware mapping

D. Select DSDT or origin folder

Q. Quit

Recent versions of Clover can boot Monterey.

As for dumping ACPI tables, you can:
  • dump with Clover (F4);
  • dump with OpenCore DEBUG (Misc>Debug>SysReport:True);
  • dump from MaciASL (File>Export Tableset…).
What's that "Windows" thing you think you need?

Opencores instructions in the setup guide kept saying that SSDTtime only worked on Windows and only showed windows details. But then they don't if you search it seperatly, maybe that's something to be altered by them in the future.

Anyways, no dump option available for me anyway regardless. I used my clover build to dump the DSDT and put it in SSDTtime got the amls, all worked.

Clover is just cack now I'm afraid. I'm on r4145 and it refuses to run Big Sur or Monterey, spent days trying to solve it. A hour of setting up Opencore 0.7.8 and worked a charm straight away.

Opencores instructions in the setup guide kept saying that SSDTtime only worked on Windows and only showed windows details. But then they don't if you search it seperatly, maybe that's something to be altered by them in the future.

Anyways, no dump option available for me anyway regardless. I used my clover build to dump the DSDT and put it in SSDTtime got the amls, all worked.

Clover is just cack now I'm afraid. I'm on r4145 and it refuses to run Big Sur or Monterey, spent days trying to solve it. A hour of setting up Opencore 0.7.8 and worked a charm straight away.
latest versions of clover requires config.plist changes to add in opencore elements, i gave up on clover a year or two ago

glad you got your system up and running :)

I'd already done that when I updated to r4126 previously (quirks etc). It just didn't want to know with updating and I couldn't see anything wrong in the setup at all, so like you I gave up too. Wish I had earlier open cores way simpler to sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back