Contribute
Register

Possible to create UniBeast with Windows-only access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-4960X
Graphics
GTX 970 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an Apple ID as I previously owned iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro and am a current Apple Music subscriber. On my MacBook I had updated El Capitan so have a purchase of that OS on my Apple ID account, and can therefore obviously update that for free to High Sierra.

However, I sold my MacBook Pro and currently have no access toa Mac, and don;t know anybody with a Mac. I'm just wondering whether there is any way to be able to create the UniBeast installer USB drive with Windows-only access?

I'm just wondering whether there is any way to be able to create the UniBeast installer USB drive with Windows-only access?

The site rules state that you can't install macOS in a VM in Windows. That's a violation that leads to a lifetime ban. What you can do is buy a Snow Leopard DVD from Apple, install that on your 7 Series system and get access to the MAS that way. Use iBoot Ivy bridge to make the CD. You'll need to temporarily use an older graphics card like a 8400GS or GT210 with Snow Leopard when you first install. The HD3000 graphics will work once you're on 10.6.8.

The site rules state that you can't install macOS in a VM in Windows. That's a violation that leads to a lifetime ban. What you can do is buy a Snow Leopard DVD from Apple, install that on your 7 Series system and get access to the MAS that way. Use iBoot Ivy bridge to make the CD. You'll need to temporarily use an older graphics card like a 8400GS or GT210 with Snow Leopard when you first install. The HD3000 graphics will work once you're on 10.6.8.
That's fair enough. I have now found someone with a MacBook that I can borrow/purchase to use my App Store account on to purchase High Sierra etc or that they can create the UniBeast installer, but my issue is that they have already updated it to latest High Sierra 10.13.2. Can I still create a UniBeast installer with this, as I know previously it used to be a need to download the OS installer from App Store, but I'm not sure if you can do that if you are already on the OS? They tried creating one for themself to install OSX on their own PC, but when trying to download High Sierra from within High Sierra, it seemed to only download a partilal file and UniBeast would say at the OS selection screen that it was partial and not enough for UniBeast to create the installer.

Last edited:
Yes, that happens to many. It's called a stub installer. We're working on a solution to that currently. Keep trying to download some more and you may get the full installer. It takes patience and perseverance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back