Contribute
Register

Possible List of Supported GPU's that are able to run MacOS Mojave 10.14 Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but seems kinda arbitrary considering there's almost no difference between that and the 4000. Am I wrong?

Mojave dropped Capri framebuffer but still has Azul (HD 4000-4600).

Mojave dropped Capri framebuffer

No.
It was SNB that was dropped.

but still has Azul (HD 4000-4600).

No.
Azul does not apply to HD4000 (Capri is used for HD4000/Ivy, Azul is for HD4200/4400/4600/5000/Haswell).

Exactly. That's why I am still using GTX 760 and GTX 660 in my systems (plus a RX 580 which is natively supported in High Sierra and Sierra (Sierra requiring the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts)).

Good to see that the GTX 760 is still supported in MacOS Mojave.

Personally I only use graphics cards that are natively supported. I have avoided Maxwell and Pascal cards on my hackintoshes (I have several of them but they are only used for Windows 7 and 8.1.) for this reason.
Wow, How did u get the 760 working? I am also using this card on my system, but I've tried to insatal Mojave 14.1, but the GPU is not fully recognized and the Graphics acceleration doesn't seems to work. Can you give me some advice?

Thanks

Wow, How did u get the 760 working? I am also using this card on my system, but I've tried to install Mojave 14.1, but the GPU is not fully recognized and the Graphics acceleration doesn't seems to work. Can you give me some advice?

Thanks

I only run El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on the system with the GTX 760, and not Mojave. There is no need for me do anything since the card just works after I put it in. I have not personally confirmed it works under Mojave but others seem to have confirmed it also works under Mojave.

I succesfuly install macOS Mojave on my hp laptop few days ago and it works very smooth far better than high Sierra

with official Mojave Release or a patched one ( like dosdude osx patcher) ?

I ask because I have a Macbook Air from mid-2011 with HD3000 too and would like to give a try to Mojave

I have an amd radeon hd7470 , can I run Mojave?

Do you experience lagging animation?

Didn't notice any lagging during normal web browsing with GTX 760.

Normally, a GPU that supports metal indicates the feature set, e.g., MacOS family and version - see post # 2 or
View attachment 351526 in post #28. Maybe the MSI GTX 650 you referenced has minimal support for metal.

Also, the GTX 650 has only 1024 MB of VRAM - may affect performance with animation.

Last edited:
hi,i have amd radeon 6470m is it supported by mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back