Contribute
Register

Possible List of Supported GPU's that are able to run MacOS Mojave 10.14 Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just replaced the GTX 660 in my Older Build with a second hand Sapphire HD 7870 Ghz edition, and the card appears to work in Mavericks / Yosemite / El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra. Metal support is available in High Sierra.

I should keep it there unless there are problems in the future.

I just upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave, & have lost support for my HD 5770.

Hopefully picking up a second hand Sapphire HD 7870 today.
Do you know if this card definitely supports Mojave?

From what I’ve read, it should. But some people are also complaining that multi-monitor outputs are not working from this card in Sierra & High Sierra (not sure if the Sapphire card is affected).

I just upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave, and have lost support for my HD 5770.

Hopefully picking up a second hand Sapphire HD 7870 today.
Do you know if this card definitely supports Mojave?

From what I’ve read, it should. But some people are also complaining that multi-monitor outputs are not working from this card in Sierra & High Sierra (not sure if the Sapphire card is affected).

I would think that the 7870 should work in Mojave as it supports Metal. No idea about multi-monitor capabilities though since I have never tried to use such a setup.

I have an Intel HD3000, can I run Mojave?
I succesfuly install macOS Mojave on my hp laptop few days ago and it works very smooth far better than high Sierra

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 1.22.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 1.22.11 AM.png
    89 KB · Views: 661
  • kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • config.plist
    12.1 KB · Views: 181
Has anybody tried a NVS 510 yet? 4 miniDP out is appealing...

Has anybody tried a NVS 510 yet? 4 miniDP out is appealing...
To update my questions, I have tried an NVS510 on High Sierra and it worked great. Have not upgraded that machine to Mojave yet but will aim to update this when I do.

Would a gt710 work with mojave
I understand it should but I have not tried.

To update my questions, I have tried an NVS510 on High Sierra and it worked great. Have not upgraded that machine to Mojave yet but will aim to update this when I do.

I understand it should but I have not tried.
I’m gonna install and see what happens, will update results

Tested an old XFX 7770 "ghost" card in a PC that works completely well with Mojave without graphics card. The screen came back bright yellow. Tested my other old EVGA Nvidia 660GTX, it boots in, it works for about 25 min, then the screen gets all garbled up and pixelation over certain menus. I think I remember I had this issue with this card, all the way back to Sierra, could be just the card overheating could be the OS not liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back