Graphics
intel hd4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After much experimenting and hair-pulling, a tip for hd3000 users with clover. I couldnt get rid of artifacts while using clover, which didnt happen with chimera. Was same on ML and Yosemite.
slide=0 + inject intel = fixes graphics glitches on Yosemite and ML it seems.
FYI: My dsdt is already patched so only use clover to patch ACPUPM.
I tried injecting fake ids, ig-platform-ids, injection, no-injection etc etc- but the above solved this.
Seems not co-incidence, but as documentation for clover is pretty limited i thought i'd post this.
Anyone care to explain what the slide option does?

After much experimenting and hair-pulling, a tip for hd3000 users with clover. I couldnt get rid of artifacts while using clover, which didnt happen with chimera. Was same on ML and Yosemite.
slide=0 + inject intel = fixes graphics glitches on Yosemite and ML it seems.
FYI: My dsdt is already patched so only use clover to patch ACPUPM.
I tried injecting fake ids, ig-platform-ids, injection, no-injection etc etc- but the above solved this.
Seems not co-incidence, but as documentation for clover is pretty limited i thought i'd post this.
Anyone care to explain what the slide option does?

Yes, slide=0 is a common known fix for certain HD3000 glitches...

slide=0 keeps the kernel from moving around randomly as it is loaded (keeps it from 'sliding'). Kernel sliding is a technique to increase security. If the kernel cannot be found at a known location, then it is more difficult for malware to penetrate.

Yes, slide=0 is a common known fix for certain HD3000 glitches...

slide=0 keeps the kernel from moving around randomly as it is loaded (keeps it from 'sliding'). Kernel sliding is a technique to increase security. If the kernel cannot be found at a known location, then it is more difficult for malware to penetrate.

Interesting, thanks. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back