Contribute
Register

**Possible** freezing issues with 10.11.2, Z97X UD5H and 280X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i had the same problem of freezes..As soon as i deleted the "audio driver patch" from the config plist, everything became normal. No more freezes on el cap 10.11.2.
Hope it can help.
Georges.

Wasn't even aware of the audio driver patch, I don't use onboard audio and its disabled on the MB so not sure if it applies.

I've tried 10.11.3 and so far (an hour) its been good. If it survives the evening, its a keeper.

Rob

Ok, so it was not your problem !
And now, Cross fingers ! I also did the update to 10 11 3 today.
Georges

Ok, so it was not your problem !
And now, Cross fingers ! I also did the update to 10 11 3 today.
Georges

Well it worked OK until around 10 minutes ago. Had a freeze, logged into the frozen machine using remote desktop from a laptop, restarted the Finder and the machine came back.

So the latest upgrade hasn't completely cured the hand but its better. Will carry on for the day and see how it goes.

Rob

I have the exact same issue, thanks god now we know its not faulty hardware. I couldnt find anything on this issue until i specifically searched with "280x". I have a clover El Cap 10.11.3 install with a 280x, and an asus z97 pro wifi mobo. I randomly get a spinning beach ball and the computer hangs until i click outside the frozen window. Console reports "gpu driver appears to be hung" just like someone else mentioned. Its interesting that it happens with other 280x Asus/mobo combos. Any possible solutions? Perhaps some bios settings, or clover flags?

I have the exact same issue, thanks god now we know its not faulty hardware. I couldnt find anything on this issue until i specifically searched with "280x". I have a clover El Cap 10.11.3 install with a 280x, and an asus z97 pro wifi mobo. I randomly get a spinning beach ball and the computer hangs until i click outside the frozen window. Console reports "gpu driver appears to be hung" just like someone else mentioned. Its interesting that it happens with other 280x Asus/mobo combos. Any possible solutions? Perhaps some bios settings, or clover flags?

No BIOS or config settings that we know of, 10.11.3 is better than 10.11.2 for this but 10.11.1 is a lot more stable.

Rob

Is this caused completely randomly or can you replicate the issue by performing certain tasks?

Its random, I can get back out of it by Force-Quiting the finder.

10.11.3 is better but good enough.

Oddly enough simple desktop remote login it can clear the issue.

Needs more investigation.

Rob

Mine is still doing it too, it's definitely better than 10.11.2, but it is still there. Completely random as is yours, I used to be able to make it freeze in Illustrator easily but thankfully it has settled down a bit. I'm going to look at the framebuffer idea as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back