Contribute
Register

Possible Bug- Chimera 3.0 from Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to track down the issue. I see that you're booting using Alternate NVIDIA Drivers with a DSDT. It's extremely hard to pin down what the issue may be, but I think it could be due to non-default configuration.

PCIRootUID=1

This is not needed.

nvda_drv=1

The native OS X drivers can be tested with Chimera 3.0 by typing nvda_drv=0 at boot prompt.

If I remove NVRAM, I will lose iMessage functionality. Any workarounds? I'm open to all of your suggestions...

FileNVRam creates a plist every time you boot, Removing it won't affect your iMessage once you replace it. It will be as if you are offline.

I'm just trying to track down the issue. I see that you're booting using Alternate NVIDIA Drivers with a DSDT. It's extremely hard to pin down what the issue may be, but I think it could be due to non-default configuration.

PCIRootUID=1

This is not needed.

nvda_drv=1

The native OS X drivers can be tested with Chimera 3.0 by typing nvda_drv=0 at boot prompt.

OK. I was almost positive that I needed the PCIRootUID flag with the nVidia card but if you say it's not needed I will take your word for it. Let me clone my system, remove the PCI...flag & NVRAM.plist, install 3.0 and reboot with nvda_drv=0 to see what happens. I will then try to generate another bdmesg. Stand by...

FileNVRam creates a plist every time you boot, Removing it won't affect your iMessage once you replace it. It will be as if you are offline.

Thx Wild...i got that confused with the FileNVRAM.dylib file.

ok so you're correct that I don't need the PCIRootUID flag. But after installing Chimera 3.0. I ended up with the same results, broken icon, bootloop, etc. I had to revert back to previous Chameleon to get system to boot properly. I took a small video as well...not the best quality but see below.

View attachment ChimeraError.mp4.zip

And just to add...i have had this problem upgrading to any version after the one i have installed (2286) for months. The same happened even when using native graphics drivers before i ever installed nVidia drivers and CUDA.

And just to add...i have had this problem upgrading to any version after the one i have installed (2286) for months. The same happened even when using native graphics drivers before i ever installed nVidia drivers and CUDA.

I don't have a 780, so I can't test. I use the native OS X drivers. I's not a valid Chimera 3.0 bug then if it happens every time you attempt an update. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I don't have a 780, so I can't test. I use the native OS X drivers. I's not a valid Chimera 3.0 bug then if it happens every time you attempt an update. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

OK. It's not limited to just my GTX 780 GPU as I had this same exact problem on my old ASUS system which used a GTX 260 GPU. It could be something with the Chameleon installer. My last testing option is to see if I can successfully revert back to the Chimera version installed with MultiBeast. If that is successful, then I can attempt to install 3.0 afterwards. What are your thought on this? I will report back after testing this option...did the video help any to understand what was happening?

]

I have had this problem upgrading to any version after the one i have installed (2286) for months. The same happened even when using native graphics drivers before i ever installed nVidia drivers and CUDA.

Instead of cloning your drive and reverting to Chimera after installing Chameleon. Test Chimera 3.0 (stand alone)on a fresh installation of OS X after installing with MultiBeast. I'm using pretty much the same hardware I am not seeing the same problems as you seem to be having. Chimera 3.0 is working great inclusive to me of FaceTime and iMessage. Just a thought.

Instead of cloning your drive and reverting to Chimera after installing Chameleon. Test Chimera 3.0 (stand alone)on a fresh installation of OS X after installing with MultiBeast. I'm using pretty much the same hardware I am not seeing the same problems as you seem to be having. Chimera 3.0 is working great inclusive to me of FaceTime and iMessage. Just a thought.

Agreed, this will be my last resort but for the sake of time I am trying to test this way first. I am prepping that other drive now as well. Thanks for the tip Wild...always appreciated!

OK. It's not limited to just my GTX 780 GPU as I had this same exact problem on my old ASUS system which used a GTX 260 GPU. It could be something with the Chameleon installer. My last testing option is to see if I can successfully revert back to the Chimera version installed with MultiBeast. If that is successful, then I can attempt to install 3.0 afterwards. What are your thought on this? I will report back after testing this option...did the video help any to understand what was happening?

OK so I was able to successfully downgrade and install Chimera 2.2.1 via MultiBeast but after installing 3.0, repairing permissions and rebooting, I ended up with the same problem. I am going to do a fresh install next then I will install 3.0 after running MultiBeast and see what happens. Will report back...stand by...

OK so I was able to successfully downgrade and install Chimera 2.2.1 via MultiBeast but after installing 3.0, repairing permissions and rebooting, I ended up with the same problem. I am going to do a fresh install next then I will install 3.0 after running MultiBeast and see what happens. Will report back...stand by...

OK guys so I am happy to report that after doing a fresh install, running MultiBeast, then installing Chimera 3.0 my system booted successfully. The previous issue must be somehow related to the Chameleon installer I used...It must have changed some type of setting/s which breaks the ability to upgrade to a newer version. Looks like I will be rebuilding my system this weekend with this version as well as upgrading my BIOS to F8.

Tony, MacMan, or Wild, would you be able to compare my previous bdmesg with a new one from version 3.0 if I attach? Also, if I attach the chameleon installer I had previously used, is there a way you can break it open and look for what the possible culprit is? Please let me know and I will also be happy to assist in any way that I can. Thx guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back