Contribute
Register

Possible Bug- Chimera 3.0 from Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, after performing some further testing I have determined what the actual root cause of this issues is. This issue is actually due to the "Rename Partition" option I had added to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist to change the display names in the bootloader. Apparently, versions above 2286 no longer play nice/support using this option regardless if entered in the following formats:

PHP:
    <key>Rename Partition</key>
    <string>"oldName" newName</string>

or

<key>Rename Partition</key>
    <string>hd(x,y) newName</string>
Has this bee removed from Chimera/Chameleon? Is there another way I can achieve renaming my partitions in the bootloader? It does effectively rename the partition but it then prevents the system from booting, cause the bootloop and the corrupt icons as display/described in earlier posts. Please help guys :banghead:

I'm seeing the same issue, but I don't have the renaming arguments in my boot .plist. I do however have 3 drives (HFS+, NTFS and EXT4) as well as an Exfat formatted scratch drive. When I get back home I will try to disable the Exfat drive and see if that fixes it. I tried earlier disabling each argument in my old boot .plist, but nothing would make it boot. (other than going back to 2.2.1)

Just posting to echo that I'm experiencing the same bug - the Rename Partition function is broken and causes this issue. If I take out the Rename Partition line the issue goes away. Curiously, it's also fixed if I take out Default Partition but leave Rename Partition. Definitely a bug with Chameleon/Chimera - would love if it was fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back