ASUS P8P67-LE
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I am currently experiencing a black screen after updating to 10.9.3 with and without the new nVidia web drivers.

Browsing pike's wordpress page there was a little bit of information on the subject: http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/os-x-mavericks-10-9-3-build-13d55-seeded/

I had to change a plist to get past a ‘boot hang’ – black screen in single user-mode – like before:/S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist
Code:
<key>ConfigMap</key>
<dict>
<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
<string>none</string>
</dict>
A more permanent solution for this would be to add it to some kext, but I personally don’t care about that. Not right now.

I'm currently away from my main PC atm, if anyone has any details or has time to expand on what i've quoted here please message back!

PS. My apologies if this does not fix the problem, as I haven't had time to try it out!

Thank you very much for this, it worked for me!

Glad I can help!

I've taken time to understand this, basically you should add the board-id from Extra/SMBios.plist to /S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist - solved it for me :thumbup:

Glad I can help!

I've taken time to understand this, basically you should add the board-id from Extra/SMBios.plist to /S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist - solved it for me :thumbup:

Hi, sorry for my noobish understanding, i'm experiencing the same problem here and i'm really confused from the line "/S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist" is this supposed to be a directory? is it a .plist file somewhere i can find? i have no idea what I'm doing.... please help

Thank You

-Heyyoumen

Hi, sorry for my noobish understanding, i'm experiencing the same problem here and i'm really confused from the line "/S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist" is this supposed to be a directory? is it a .plist file somewhere i can find? i have no idea what I'm doing.... please help

Thank You

-Heyyoumen

/System/Library/Extensions

right click then "Show Contents" on AppleGraphicsControl.kext

Contents/Plugins/

right click then "Show Contents" on AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

Contents/Info.plist

i didn't read the article linked here nor have i tried to update to 10.9.3 yet. i'm just helping out with "S/L/E" question

Glad I can help!

Hey Craigrox, excuse my nebbish understanding. So i've copied my board-id which i assume is under <key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-Fsomething something</string>

into the the lines of the Info.plist under Apple Graphics Device Policy.kext
under ConfigMap, dict,
<key>Mac-Fsomething something</key>
<string>none</string>
just like the code below.

<key>ConfigMap</key>
<dict>
<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
<string>none</string>
</dict>

I'm still getting blackscreen..... am i doing something wrong or misunderstanding the codes?
Please help, really frustrated.....
Thanks a millions

-Heyyoumen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back