i3-8350K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello

First of all, I would like to apologize in case I broke a rule of copying my post on another section since no one responded there and I think this section is correct for this question.

I have a question regarding the clover EFI bootloader. Now I want to dual boot my Windows 10 (installed) with Mac OS X El Capitan with help of Clover. But I want to know how and if I can get rid of Clover in case I run into trouble later on.

Now I read something somewhere on the internet that you are able to remove it from Clover itself. Either when you are in the booting up or in the installer but I am not sure. Eitherway, is this true or false information?

That'll be all.

Hello

First of all, I would like to apologize in case I broke a rule of copying my post on another section since no one responded there and I think this section is correct for this question.

I have a question regarding the clover EFI bootloader. Now I want to dual boot my Windows 10 (installed) with Mac OS X El Capitan with help of Clover. But I want to know how and if I can get rid of Clover in case I run into trouble later on.

Now I read something somewhere on the internet that you are able to remove it from Clover itself. Either when you are in the booting up or in the installer but I am not sure. Eitherway, is this true or false information?

That'll be all.
Clover installer installs boot0 to the hard drive MBR, boot1 to the partition PBR and boot in the root if Legacy installed of in the EFI partition if UEFI installed.
You can open in finder and delete the EFI/Clover folder and delete the boot file, but that leaves the boot0 and boot1 files. Only way to get rid of them is to install a different boot loader that replaces them or reformat the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back