Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system is running great but it seams like the audio goes to sleep and makes a piping noise after it plays sound. It only happens when you don't play any sound for a min or 2 and then when lets say an email comes in it makes a popping noise.

is anyone having the same issue? if so what have you done to fix.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Processor
16GB Memory
SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2048MB Video Card

Hi, I've exactly the same problem.
I noticed that the problem occurred in my case when I set the system definitions on iMac14,1.
With MacPro3,1 audio works perfectly.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks to all.

Thank you for the fix but that guide is pretty difficult to understand. Do you think you could break that down into simpler terms? or pick out the information that pertains to my problem because it seems like a guide to fix multiple problems with audio.

Yes it was toward the bottom of that link you sent me but it was confusing for me because i don't understand how to fix it.

More Information - toleda/audio_ALCInjection

1. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
    1. ex., Audio_ID Configurations, Surround sound, audio popping, USB start up problem

Yes it was toward the bottom of that link you sent me
You did not find it. This is a first.
Do you see the link: More Information - toleda/audio_ALCInjection
Click the link
Click: M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
Click: View Raw
Double click: Downloads/M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
Find Audio Popping Solution​

Read Toleda's solutions. The one that worked for me is dead simple: Just change the system definition to MacPro3,1 in smbios.plist. The MacMini6,1 definition is causing the loud popping sound.

Read Toleda's solutions. The one that worked for me is dead simple: Just change the system definition to MacPro3,1 in smbios.plist. The MacMini6,1 definition is causing the loud popping sound.

This does sound like a quick solution but my boss has a hackingtosh and when he sets his definitions to that his system gets bogged down and his graphics performance is diminished. I found a even simpler solution that doesn't require you to change anything but simple add a Anti-Pop software so your your audio never falls asleep. This is something that doesn't throttle down your system in any way and you can still use the proper system definition you need. Thank you for all the support, especially toleda, in the tread and that seems to be the easiest fix for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back