Contribute
Register

Poor Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well, keep following his guide, and keep having problems. With your system, you shouldnt be having any issues, Overclocking your cpu doesnt make OSX more stable. Something is wrong.

Good luck.

Well, I tried to disable V-Td, but the uefi wouldn't allow me, and V-Td wasn't even displayed when I switched to classic view. Today, when I attempted a reboot for about the fourth time, I noticed that the panic said "kernel trap" and then went on with its rambling about directories and cpu panics. I hope this is a clue to someone, because I am at a loss. Thank you.

Hey everyone, today I installed Yosemite and unfortunately, I am still having kernel traps/panics. I looked it up, and I wasn't able to find much. A lot of the threads just kind of end with out the person finding a solution, but I did find this one. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nic-unibeast-installer-mavericks-haswell.html I will try booting with cpus=1 to see what happens, but this poor guy wasn't able to make it into the OS. I was, and I ran multibeast. But after that, I started having the kernel issues. Often times when I log in, or shortly there after.

The specific kernel panic I'm getting is "kernel trap at 0xffffff80002a3469, type 13=general protection". PLEASE HELP. If you know anything about what is going on, I'm all ears.

I am too facing stability problems, but i have the Gigabyte Z97-HD3 motherboard. All drivers are loaded fine (Network, Audio, Graphics Card).
If i boot without maxmem=4096 i always get 0xdeadbeef kernel panic, if i use maxmem=4096 i also sometimes get 0xdeadbeef kernel panic, if i won't get it it will freeze after a short time using the system.

What can I do to fix this issue and have a perfectly running build of Yosemite (since all kexts are working!)?

See also my dedicated topic with photo of kernel panic (luckily one with stack trace): http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/146138-0xdeadbeef-kernel-panics.html

Hmm, today I was able to boot with 6gb of ram (6144 MB) and it is stable with my cpu overclocked (stock clocks made it less stable in mavericks, and it doesn't seem to impact Yosemite, so I left it). I installed the patched apple cpu power management kext because I noticed that most of the freeze screens would mention cpu power management issues. After I installed that kext, I don't think I have had a kernel panic since. BUT, when I try to boot with 8gb of ram, my system will freeze at the login/loading screen before the login screen.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on here? Maybe there is a bios setting that needs to be changed? Maybe I'm an idiot and forgot an important step? Please let me know!

beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg
Good news, everyone! I am able to confirm that adding the cpu power management patch and booting with 6gb of RAM, the system is stable with the occasional freeze during boot. The only weird things that happen is of course kernel panics and some kexts and drivers not loading with 8gb (I would like to use all of my RAM as I did pay for all of it). That and I have been having trouble opening files I downloaded from anywhere. Finder just crashes when I try to open anything. It doesn't matter if it's a new piece of software I just downloaded, or an image I saved to my desktop. Finder just decides to crash and relaunch like nothing happened. I monitored console while trying to open a file and it just explodes with crash reports and errors and "kernel: Sandbox: appleeventsd" all over the place. Any ideas?

My CPU is still clocked at 4.0, and it hasn't shown too many signs of instability. I have also figured out that it's not the speed of the ram that is giving me issues, it's just the capacity.

It took me a while to track these down, but this is the exact kit I put in my first hack, and now this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144. The first hack worked fine for about a year and a half before the motherboard crapped out on me, but I figured the RAM should be fine and I really didn't want to spend almost $100 on a new kit when I had just dropped $400 for a new motherboard and CPU. Does anyone know of any problems with this exact kit and my motherboard (z87x oc) or just the z87 chipset in general? Thanks a lot guys!

So, I bit the bullet and wiped my ssd for a clean install. So far so good, but I am still limited to 6gb of ram. Now when I try to boot with 8gb, I get a deadbeef error instead of a kernel trap, but another quirk has arose. Both the BIOS and the about this mac window say my cpu is overclocked to 4.2ghz, but whenever I check hardware monitor, my cpu rarely goes over the stock speed of 3.4 even when running intensive applications. I think this might be a BIOS setting I goofed up, but incase it's not, does anyone have any ideas about this one? Thanks for the help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back