Contribute
Register

Poor Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, it seems most stable at 3.59ghz and 4ghz, but more so at 4, (oddly enough) but I noticed that after the computer was asleep and awoken, the audio drivers don't work. Any ideas for this one?

I think you're just buying time (somehow) until the problem crops up again. You can't possibly be more stable overclocked than you are at stock speeds.

good luck!

Unfortunately, you were right. After about a week, an operating system file got corrupted and I was forced to reinstall. I have come down with an illness recently and had to take a small vacation, so I was not able to trouble shoot further, but you were right. Overclocking has helped, but has definitely not solved the issue. It prolonged the time between freezes, but they are still occurring and I have lost a lot of time and work because of them. Any ideas?

Well I'm not sure if I ever was getting a dead beef error, because I noticed in that post, it mentioned "dead beef" in the top line on the screen. Mine never has. I did notice it did say "possible memory corruption" which I have never noticed in previous freezes, but I don't boot with verbose by default so I normally don't get this post crash report. I have noticed that crashes are most prone to occurring when I am doing something in Chrome, but recently, It will freeze when idle without giving a report.
IMAG0406.jpg
Also, I noticed that I started to get a pop up on log in that OSX can't repair my secondary hard drive. To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with this brand new hard drive and all of its data.

Tell me what you think. Thanks.

Too expand a bit, after about a week into an installation of OSX, the computer will fail to boot. Booting into the installer and trying to repair the boot device with disk utility tells me that the data on the drive is corrupted and that I need to reformat and reinstall. This has happened with every installation, so it seems to me that somehow, files are getting corrupted causing the freezes and eventually the failure of the installation. Has anyone heard of something similar before? I am going nuts and I don't have the slightest clue what I am talking about (I would hope that is not the case :D). If you have any information to share with me, please do. I am starting to get really frustrated. Thank you!

i have same issue with GA-H97M-D3H

after installed multibeast i have every 5 minutes a system freeze and i need to reboot

When your system locks up, do you get a read out that looks like it's from the console that covers whatever was being displayed? This happens sometimes with mine, most often when I had booted with verbose, but it is inconsistent. The most recent one that I paid attention to (uploaded a picture of it in my last post) said there was a possible memory corruption error or something. This is different from the memory allocation, "deadbeef", error I was getting when I was trying to install OSX for the first time. I think I remember seeing some cpu power management errors a week or two ago, but life has been pretty hectic for me and I am having trouble remembering what I had for breakfast this morning XD. Anyway, I hope we can find a solution to this problem, as I am losing patience. Thank you for your help.

Let me guess, you guys installed the "Universal 3.0 USB" in MultiBeast? :banghead:

It locks up in Yosemite. You do not need the Universal 3.0 USB kext installed, its for Intel earlier chipsets, not yours.

If you didn't install it, then I would start troubleshooting hardware and bios settings.

Start by setting your bios to optimized defaults, turn off V-Td, make sure ahci is selected in sata, and no overlock on memory and cpu until you get it stable.

i figured out what's wrong with my config.. i've selected "generate CPU states" option in multi beast. now i deselect this and now my yosemite install is very stable..

i hope that helps

Let me guess, you guys installed the "Universal 3.0 USB" in MultiBeast? :banghead:

It locks up in Yosemite. You do not need the Universal 3.0 USB kext installed, its for Intel earlier chipsets, not yours.

If you didn't install it, then I would start troubleshooting hardware and bios settings.

Start by setting your bios to optimized defaults, turn off V-Td, make sure ahci is selected in sata, and no overlock on memory and cpu until you get it stable.

Hmm, I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...uild-ga-z87x-oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a.html but my system definition is macpro 3,1 instead of imac 14,2. Now I have been trying to use OSX 10.9, but it might help to try 10.10.

Also I read on wildwillow's thread that you only need to dissable V-Td if you don't have a K series processor. My cpu is an i5 4670K, so according to his guide, I should't have to worry about it. As for AHCI, loading optimized defaults takes care of that. If you read the rest of this thread, you would know that I was not able to set my cpu to stock clock speeds. Also, with xmp, my system was even more unstable at 1600 mhz with or without a cpu overclock. So when my memory is clocked at 1333, and my cpu at 4000 mhz, the system is the most stable. I can try to dissable V-Td, but I have been following wildwillow's golden build to the dot so far and it says not to for k series cpu's.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not sure all of this will help, but I will try it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back