Contribute
Register

Poor performance in geekbench and cinebench!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
immapc said:
Funny you should ask how it compares to the 5870. I just had the 5770 and it scored 32.29 and I was not impressed so I thought it was the card. I went and bought the 5780 thinking this will rock out! It scored 33.67... Something is definitely wrong. I actually used Final Cut Pro 6 to export a 1 min file to ProResHQ 422 from a Canon 5D H.264 file. Took 3 minutes. Then I took the Pro Res file and exported to SD DVD and it took 45 sec. Then with my new 5780 I did the same test on the SD DVD and it took 1:15. So the 5780 just slowed it down!

Yeah my CPU is not overclocked yet but it is right below the Xeons at 8.57

I am gonna do a fresh install and start over because when I updated to 10.6.4 and Graphics Update I started Multibeast and chose my installs and as I typed my password Multibeast and the other 2 installers dissapeared and MBeast had an error so I ran MB again and reconfiged from there.

well, you're in a good position with the radeon cards since mb2.3.0 supports this out of the box. you should be able to get a great install pretty easy. it's the fermi cards that cause all the problems. i'm just glad i found an installation method that works, just have to get my audio working again.

I had probs with audio and found that I have to select the Legacy and the HD together. The 889 for my board and it comes up everytime I do a fresh install.

A post on InsanelyMac suggested that leaving settings in Auto in bios is bad. (except for cpu voltages and ram timings)

I can confirm. It solved my problem. :D

Glad I found this topic - my geekbench score went from 3400 to 7676 by changing the cpu bios settings from auto to enabled. Thanks MacMan, Toad, and Lnx2Mac!

Hey guys found this topic. Just wanted to say I'm getting 29.66 FPS with my 5870. Just for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back