Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Gaming 5 Z97
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Hi. I had problem with my bluetooth ever since. I have Broadcom 20702B0 native WiFi/BT card with an adapter. Wifi works well but could better to be honest, but my BT range is a joke. I must keep my devices within 1 meter range from the antenna. Originally the adapter came with 4 mountable antennas, and I have taken the bt antenna out and replaced it with longer cable and put it in front of my pc tower. I have tried installing different types of bt antenna but without a result, I have noticed if I remove the antenna and leave the cable only it does not make much difference. Anyone has a solution? thanks

One of the most common causes of Bluetooth problems is interference from WiFi interfaces.
Try and use 5GHz for your wireless to avoid this.

I am using 5Ghz as much as I can but all of those BT and WIFI signals are poor all together. Any solution to make it as good as original imac? PS I purchased original imac antennas, but still the same ;/ ;/

bro i have same card like you
and same problem
i know after some time that this card is from 2008 and so old
so its like this bad
i bought one and i will retrun it
its bluetooth 2 and not 4

GG

PCIe WiFi/BT cards can suffer with poor connection issues, if the aerials are located on the rear of the PC case, below a desk or shelf, and close to a wall. This is simple physics.

In a case as described above, the way to get around poor WiFi/BT reception/signal is to use aerial extension cables, so the aerials are not boxed in at the rear of the case.

Here is a post containing such a fix - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-pcie-bt-wifi-card-in-a-tower-case.268666/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back