Contribute
Register
Motherboard
MSI Gaming 5 Z97
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Hi. I had problem with my bluetooth ever since. I have Broadcom 20702B0 native WiFi/BT card with an adapter. Wifi works well but could better to be honest, but my BT range is a joke. I must keep my devices within 1 meter range from the antenna. Originally the adapter came with 4 mountable antennas, and I have taken the bt antenna out and replaced it with longer cable and put it in front of my pc tower. I have tried installing different types of bt antenna but without a result, I have noticed if I remove the antenna and leave the cable only it does not make much difference. Anyone has a solution? thanks

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One of the most common causes of Bluetooth problems is interference from WiFi interfaces.
Try and use 5GHz for your wireless to avoid this.

Motherboard
MSI Gaming 5 Z97
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
I am using 5Ghz as much as I can but all of those BT and WIFI signals are poor all together. Any solution to make it as good as original imac? PS I purchased original imac antennas, but still the same ;/ ;/

Motherboard
z97-d3h
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
intel hd4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
bro i have same card like you
and same problem
i know after some time that this card is from 2008 and so old
so its like this bad
i bought one and i will retrun it
its bluetooth 2 and not 4

GG

Edhawk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 / RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PCIe WiFi/BT cards can suffer with poor connection issues, if the aerials are located on the rear of the PC case, below a desk or shelf, and close to a wall. This is simple physics.

In a case as described above, the way to get around poor WiFi/BT reception/signal is to use aerial extension cables, so the aerials are not boxed in at the rear of the case.

Here is a post containing such a fix - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-pcie-bt-wifi-card-in-a-tower-case.268666/