CPU
Intel i5 8250u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 (1920x1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello to all the contributors

I'm using an HP ProBook 4540s with a fresh install of El Capitan using the Hotpatch method from RehabMan. Everything works perfectly except my bluetooth. While its picked up as a handoff bluetooth 4 card using the BCM94352HMB, I have patchy signal at best when connecting it to my bluetooth speakers and headphones. My speaker is right next to the laptop but occasionally it will behave as if its extremely far from my laptop, and even when checking connection strength, the strength is shown as weak.

Additionally, just to check if its regular, the light on my WiFi/Bluetooth toggle button flashes blue and orange when I'm streaming audio.

I've tried the same bluetooth devices with a Windows installation and the playback is always smooth and I have no issues with signal strength.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hello to all the contributors

I'm using an HP ProBook 4540s with a fresh install of El Capitan using the Hotpatch method from RehabMan. Everything works perfectly except my bluetooth. While its picked up as a handoff bluetooth 4 card using the BCM94352HMB, I have patchy signal at best when connecting it to my bluetooth speakers and headphones. My speaker is right next to the laptop but occasionally it will behave as if its extremely far from my laptop, and even when checking connection strength, the strength is shown as weak.

Additionally, just to check if its regular, the light on my WiFi/Bluetooth toggle button flashes blue and orange when I'm streaming audio.

I've tried the same bluetooth devices with a Windows installation and the playback is always smooth and I have no issues with signal strength.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi RehabMan

Apologies for the delay.I've attached the IOreg

Attachments

• IoReg.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 229
Hi RehabMan

Apologies for the delay.I've attached the IOreg

13d3:3404 (your bluetooth controller) is not known for good compatibility.

Luck of the draw as to which bluetooth controller you get...

13d3:3404 (your bluetooth controller) is not known for good compatibility.

Luck of the draw as to which bluetooth controller you get...

Thats unfortunate.

Is there any similarly capable card with the same functionality which has a higher chance of good compatibility with the os?

Thats unfortunate.

Is there any similarly capable card with the same functionality which has a higher chance of good compatibility with the os?

My BCM94352HMB (AW-CE123H) in my u430 has BT device 0a5c:21fb. It seems to have less problems...

Although I'm not a heavy BT user (don't have many BT devices)...

My BCM94352HMB (AW-CE123H) in my u430 has BT device 0a5c:21fb. It seems to have less problems...

Although I'm not a heavy BT user (don't have many BT devices)...

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a quick look on ebay and they seem to have plenty of them about. I'll place an order and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help

So just a quick update.

I opened my laptop up and my card was labelled AW-CE123H as well.

That being said, I noticed the antenna connector on the cable marked "2" was very loose. I just pinched the golden clips ever so slightly and they seem to stay in place more firmly.

The bluetooth audio has been improved and is a bit more usable. When I check the bluetooth strength now I get around -74, which is better than the -90 I got before.

I may still need to invest in a new card to see better improvements however.

So just a quick update.

I opened my laptop up and my card was labelled AW-CE123H as well.

Different CE123H devices have different BT controllers (no rhyme/reason AFAIK).

That being said, I noticed the antenna connector on the cable marked "2" was very loose. I just pinched the golden clips ever so slightly and they seem to stay in place more firmly.

Incorrect hardware installation would certainly explain poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back