Graphics
NVIDIA GTX570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there. Found something interesting today. I have tried every benchmark tool (that works in 10.8.2) imaginable. Cinebench, Geekbench have all yielded horrible results. I have everything running perfectly, (or so I thought) yet all of these applications report slow CPU AND GPU performance. Specs as follow

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz (tried completely stock speeds and CPU settings as well, was worse)
GIGABYTE P67a-UD7-B3 Motherboard, DSDT Applied, (AHCI enabled, HPET Enabled 64 bit)
EVGA GTX 570 - Running natively without 3rd party driver, used EFI string
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
1TB 7200RPM HDD - OS X is on this drive within a partition, the other is a data drive for Windows 8
128GB Crucial M4 SSD - Not relevant really..
Corsair 750W PSU

Benchmark is as follows:
Cinebench CPU score 3.0, GPU score, 11FPS
Geekbench 64 bit - Highest I could get was 6098.
Anyway, I noticed this install is slower than the stock 2012 Mac Mini in my office so I was wodnering what I could have done wrong. Followed the guide on this very site to do an install, but did it slightly differently. I used UniBeast to install OS X to a crappy 80GB hard disk on my computer with a GUID partition table (since my 1TB drive is MBR and I cannot lose its data and need it for Win), then once it worked I restored the 80GB disk to my MBR OS X partition and booted boom. It worked. Then I proceeded to use MultiBeast to complete my install as I recall I simply used the DSDT for my mobo from this site's database and only selected a USB 3.0 kext. Anyway, that's what I remember as of writing this post. Someone please help! I would very much like to have an efficient system here and not waste power. Thanks! :)

Cannot you boot from the "crappy HD" and run the benchmarks? I think it's not related at all (i have MBR systems that score in the average for the specs) but testing will undo any doubts.

Best regards!

Wow. Solved.... I love you random stranger.. :D I could've sworn I'd installed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back