CPU
Intel Core i7 2600k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX570
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there. Found something interesting today. I have tried every benchmark tool (that works in 10.8.2) imaginable. Cinebench, Geekbench have all yielded horrible results. I have everything running perfectly, (or so I thought) yet all of these applications report slow CPU AND GPU performance. Specs as follow

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz (tried completely stock speeds and CPU settings as well, was worse)
GIGABYTE P67a-UD7-B3 Motherboard, DSDT Applied, (AHCI enabled, HPET Enabled 64 bit)
EVGA GTX 570 - Running natively without 3rd party driver, used EFI string
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
1TB 7200RPM HDD - OS X is on this drive within a partition, the other is a data drive for Windows 8
128GB Crucial M4 SSD - Not relevant really..
Corsair 750W PSU

Benchmark is as follows:
Cinebench CPU score 3.0, GPU score, 11FPS
Geekbench 64 bit - Highest I could get was 6098.
Anyway, I noticed this install is slower than the stock 2012 Mac Mini in my office so I was wodnering what I could have done wrong. Followed the guide on this very site to do an install, but did it slightly differently. I used UniBeast to install OS X to a crappy 80GB hard disk on my computer with a GUID partition table (since my 1TB drive is MBR and I cannot lose its data and need it for Win), then once it worked I restored the 80GB disk to my MBR OS X partition and booted boom. It worked. Then I proceeded to use MultiBeast to complete my install as I recall I simply used the DSDT for my mobo from this site's database and only selected a USB 3.0 kext. Anyway, that's what I remember as of writing this post. Someone please help! I would very much like to have an efficient system here and not waste power. Thanks! :)

Motherboard
OsX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
CPU
Intel Core I5 3570K 3.4 GHZ
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cannot you boot from the "crappy HD" and run the benchmarks? I think it's not related at all (i have MBR systems that score in the average for the specs) but testing will undo any doubts.

Best regards!

Motherboard
Gigabyte P67a-UD7-B3
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX570
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Wow. Solved.... I love you random stranger.. :D I could've sworn I'd installed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.