Contribute
Register

Poor 980ti performace + new tandom card use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I have a 980ti hybrid and I am not getting the best scores when testing it.

I am still on El Captain 10.11.6 and I am running a 3770k and have 32gb of Ram. Please see my config file attached.

I am getting a Cinebench score of 73 and was hoping it would be much better than this.

I have intel injection off and nvda_drv=1. My systems definition is iMac 14,2

As far as I know I have done everything right and was hoping for better results.

I also read that "it's now possible to use multiple NVIDIA cards in tandem- dual and triple cards are enabled by default." - https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/special/nvidia-pascal-graphics-cards

I have looked and have not seen any info about this anywhere. Is this for Pascal and Sierra only, If yes anyone have a guide about this. I might update to Sierra now and add a 670ti windforce as a second card to help with my video exporting.

Any help very welcome!! Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 146
Cinebench is not a useful benchmark as it is heavily CPU limited. For example I have an i7-4790K and a GTX 970 and score in the 120's on Cinebench.

Cinebench is not a useful benchmark as it is heavily CPU limited. For example I have an i7-4790K and a GTX 970 and score in the 120's on Cinebench.

I guess coming from a 670ti I was hoping my Premier and After Effect renders and previews would be awesome.... they are a little better but I had expected more. Kind of bummed.

You know anything about the ability to use dual or triple cards enabled by default?

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back