Contribute
Register

POLL: RehabMan NEW ProBook Installer Maintainer

Do you think that RehabMan should become the new ProBook Installer Maintainer?

• Absolutely YES!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I don't think so...

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Matebook D
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RehabMan NEW ProBook Installer Maintainer

Hi everybody,

Sadly, nguyenmac is not the ProBook Installer maintainer anymore.

This post is a POLL to see if the community is agree in order to turn RehabMan into the NEW ProBook Installer Maintainer.

So, how many users want that RehabMan become the NEW ProBook Installer Maintainer?

Please use this post / POLL to express your opinion about it.

P.S. I remind all that the ProBook Installer automates the entire system set-up process making the possibility to run OS X on ours laptops very easy, quick and stable.

The question should be:

"Does RehabMan want to mantain PBI, at least intel version?"

Nice one!

Rehabman have the idea to make it dynamic (it will download all necessary files during the installation process) and compatible only with the laptops with Intel graphics.

The problem is that he is not 100% convinced to start this new project and I think that all the users will be more than happy if he will do it.

The question should be:

"Does RehabMan want to mantain PBI, at least intel version?"

That is really the question...

Having something like PBI seems to create a bunch of clueless users. Users, for example, that don't even know how to use the Clover Installer, or which EFI drivers they should be installing. Users that don't know how to mount their EFI partition. Users that don't know how to edit their config.plist with a plist editor.

I'm not convinced PBI is a good thing, as it doesn't teach much.

Having something like PBI seems to create a bunch of clueless users. Users, for example, that don't even know how to use the Clover Installer, or which EFI drivers they should be installing. Users that don't know how to mount their EFI partition. Users that don't know how to edit their config.plist with a plist editor.

I feel that PBI does everything for you. I rather install Clover manually i.e by myself and get a hack up and running by myself. I feel a bit guilty for other peoples hard work if you get what i mean? And if something is always done for you you'll never learn in life.

I feel that PBI does everything for you. I rather install Clover manually i.e by myself and get a hack up and running by myself. I feel a bit guilty for other peoples hard work if you get what i mean? And if something is always done for you you'll never learn in life.

In some aspects, I am agree with you and RehabMan but IMHO, we have 2 types of users:

1 - PBI users (the majority)
2 - "experiencer" users (the minority)

This is a fact and is it very difficult to change.

If we get rid of the PBI, we will damage a lot of people.

Is there a balance point between the 2 user categories we can use?

You speak.

In some aspects, I am agree with you and RehabMan but IMHO, we have 2 types of users:

1 - PBI users (the majority)
2 - "experiencer" users (the minority)

This is a fact and is it very difficult to change.

If we get rid of the PBI, we will damage a lot of people.

Is there a balance point between the 2 user categories we can use?

You speak.

Most likely I will provide a guide more along the lines of the guides for HP Envy J/K/Q, Lenovo u430, Lenovo y50, and Gigabyte BRIX.

I picked up a 2nd hand ProBook yesterday, instead of a more expensive new Haswell or Skylake setup. A big input was your profile. I'd very much applaud and look forward to such a guide instead of a next-next-finish kind of tool, I feel it's more in the spirit of hackintosh.

Yeah. I guess so. It'll be easier for people who are not that so experienced. I see it as people have a choice to use it or do it manually. I prefer to do things manually as i feel i have more control.

I can't really say if PBI was a good thing or not, but for myself I think it was the reason I even tried to install OS X.

I mean, I do everything myself and wan't to understand every option in config.plist and what's really needed for my laptop, and I don't like installers like PBI but when I started in 2013 I needed a fast way to try how OS X runs on this laptop, or if it's even usable as a reliable OS. Without PBI I don't think I would have bothered to learn the DSDT patching when I didn't even know how OS X runs on this laptop or if it's usable at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back