Contribute
Register

POLL: AIRPLAY Mirroring Working or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I got airplay working thanks to memmerson's helpful post found at this link here.

I didn't flash the UEFI BIOS. I just used the checkboxes he selected (except for LAN) and used the Macmini SMBIOS profile just as shown. I had to boot into safe mode after reboot to get past a KP and I fixed permissions. I rebooted again and now everything is good to go. System is stable and everything seems fine. Airplay now works with audio without my Radeon 6870 installed. I think I'll upgrade my main HD. I'll resolve my graphics card problems another day.

I still cant get mine to work.. im gonna try this tonight!

The same here. Changing from IMac12,2 to MacMini5,1 solved the problem:)

I have SMBIOS set to iMac12,2 and AirPlay Mirroring does not work for me. I just changed my BIOS setting from IGFX to PEG and that had no effect as well.

Edit:
Just tried MacMini 5,1 and it's working for me ;)

Airplay and Airplay mirroring work for me !!!

Not working for me. I only get iTunes airplay. Possibly need integrated videocard on motherboard?

spec:
OCZ MODXSTREAM PRO 600 WATT PSU
INTEL CORE I7 2600K 3.40GHZ 8MB S-1155
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Z68 S-1155 ATX
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES 3 2.5" 120GB SSD MLC
CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL8
ASUS RADEON HD6870 DIRECTCU 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/DP

What is your system definiton set at? iMac X.X, MacMini X.X????

Thanks!

Still can't get it to work on my system (see my signature).
My atv appears on the airplay menu list but when I select it, there is a delay but nothing happens.
I have tried everything mentioned on this board but no progress at all.
:banghead:
May be somebody who has been successful at getting to work can publish their detailed configuration and settings.
Seems to be a very finicky feature....

Thanks

well, it DID work up until a week or two ago. it may have stopped working when i updated to 10.8.4
but tbh i don't think i tried it until a few days ago, when i noticed it failing.

i've tried reinstalling audio and network drivers with MB, tried setting the model to mac mini i5, imac etc, but still the same thing occurs: from the top right Airplay menu, i select either Apple TV or my macbook to mirror the hack's screen to, but when i select one, the whole top right menubar (except notifications) becomes unresponsive and up pops the spinning beachball. mirroring doesn't happen at all, and i have to log out and back in again to regain use of the menubar's items and stop the beachballing.

Airplay'ing music-only from iTunes works just fine, though :confused:

does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back