Register

[PMPatch] UEFI patching utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
not working on GA Z87x-OC

here is what log says

PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 00208C94 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
AMI nest module at 00310048 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in nested module.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00F949C0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

mohmehmac:~ mohsenmehrvarz$ /Users/mehrvarz/Desktop/PMPatch /Users/mehrvarz/Desktop/KL0446.BIO /Users/mehrvarz/Desktop/KL0446patched.BIO
PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001BC5EC patched.
Gap module inserted after repacked module.
AMI nest module at 00338B24 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0023A61C not patched: Patch pattern not found.
CpuPei module at 002BA634 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

I did this but nothing happened when I tried to update bios and not accepted by flash program. My main-board is DZ87KLT-K75.

I'm new here, so this is my first post, I had some problems trying to patch my bios, I have one asrock z77 pro3, I've found the custom bios on http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asrock/z77/ but I have not figured how to install this custom bios. Also I've tried to use PMPatch, followed each step, selected input and output file, but the program can't alter the 1.90 original bios that I've found on asrock website.

I have one 16gb pendrive with mavericks downloaded from apple store on it

Build (windows 7 x64 on a 2Tb HD that will be disconnected while installing)
i7 3770k
Asrock z77 pro3
Crucial M4 120Gb SATA 3
Gforce GTX EVGA 660
kingston hyperx black2x8Gb 1600Mhz

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3

Name of file bios Z8MAD2H3.U1C

Thank.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2014-02-07 a la(s) 18.54.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2014-02-07 a la(s) 18.54.11.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 448
i used this patch on the file for my bios and everything went smoothly. but when i go to flash the bios file my screen hangs on the bios screen and appears to be frozen. nothing on the screen changes except for the box that disappears when i choose the bios file that i want to flash. I am using a MSI Z87-GD65 board. is this something that is going to happen and i just need to let it sit or am i doing something wrong when flashing it.

What i have been doing is formatting the usb to fat32 through the formating process on windows. putting the patched file on the root of the usb. and then i restart my computer and go into the bios and click the option to update my bios. then i find the bios on the usb where it then freezes and the most i see is the bios screen where it just hangs there.

the closest I get to using the modifed bios is the bios boot from option.

Hi CodeRush i need to patch my bios on my board asus p9x79Le version 4608. I'm using PMPatch and there's my output
Capture.PNG

I hope you help me!

I'm glad to report that I succesfully used this tool on my Asus U46SV laptop, with BIOS version 204.

I, however, had to use AFUWINX64 to flash the bios, because the Asus utility won't let me flash the same BIOS version, even if it's unpatched.

On Afuwin, I had to overide the ROMID check and everything went smoothly. I used the GUI version of the tool.

I'm using vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and it works fine.

Cheers!

EDIT:

I need help CodeRush,

Although almost everything is working fine, I realized that my DMI data was reseted. I don't have a MB serial number, and specially, the UUID. Now, my nvram is not working and I get the "No UUID present in SMBIOS System Information Table".

I've tried editing my patched bios with AMIBCP but I don't know how to set an UUID there. In type 1 table, I set the Serials just fine, also the SKU#. And the 6th field I assume is the UUID.

Sometimes when I enter many numbers, the DMI goes crazy and the Type 1 table is not displayed after a reboot, that causes me to get the nvram loading on OS X, but the serial is not injected and I don't get a system definition.

The tools I also used to insert the UUID is AMIDEDOS, DMIDOS and SMBCFG. The latter came with a success and now it says that DMI is read only.

I can generate an UUID with AMIDEDOS /SU AUTO, and says it's done, but it won't survive a reboot.

I also tried your FDD44Editor and I can input the values, but they can't save it to either the untouched downloaded Asus Bios or my pmpatched. My bios is Aptio and it's just 2MB of size.

If anyone knows something, please post it here.

EDIT2:

I can modify everything with SMBCFG except the f***g UUID!!! I can't save it. It says is read only and the values are just all FFFFFFs.

Cheers!

Can someone please patch my bios I have tried it an can get it to work. I was able to extract my bios but it won't patch. I have even tried to patch the one I downloaded from ASROCk See the screenshots

Attachments

• bios1.png
    bios1.png
    17 KB · Views: 352
  • bios2.png
    bios2.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Desktop.rar
    8.7 MB · Views: 202
Hi
I have a asus maximus v formula , and I see 1903 latest bios version ,
Its wise to update to this version ? I need to patched this version ? How can I do it ?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back