Contribute
Register

[PMPatch] UEFI patching utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpack this EXE with 7zip and use PMPatch on isflashWin.bin file.
Code:
PMPatch 0.5.12
PowerManagement modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement2.efi module at 00020AA2 not patched: Unknown module state.
[B]Nested PowerManagement2.efi module at 002468F8 patched.[/B]
Nested SmmPlatform module at 00020A7E not patched: Unknown module state.
Nested SmmPlatform module at 00256178 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
[B]Phoenix nest module at 00312CC8 patched.[/B]
CpuPei modules not found.
[B]Output file generated.[/B]
Replace the original file with patched one and run InsydeFlash.exe as Administrator.

Hey code rush,

i was able to patch the .bin file, but when i run insydeh20.exe as administrator it loads the program fine. Once the computer restarts it pops up a popup that says invalid firmware file. hit any key to reset computer. Any ideas?

thanks

Ask on mydigitallife.info forum about flashing modified Insyde BIOSes in BIOS Mods forum section, I don't know how to flash it unusual way.

Hey CodeRush,

My Mainboard is ZOTAC H77 ITX B series.(http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-h77-itx-wifi-h77itx-b-e.html) I'm trying to patch my bios file with your Tools, but I got the messege :
bash-3.2# ./PMPatch /Volumes/DATA/Documents/Downloads/pa230/A2301127.bin /Volumes/DATA/Documents/Downloads/pa230/A2301127x.bin
PMPatch 0.5.11
PowerManagement modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement module at 0032EACC patched.
Patched module too big after compression.
Trying to apply patch #2
Trying to apply patch #3
Trying to apply patch #4
Trying to apply patch #5
AMI nest module at 005D0048 not patched: Repacked module can't be inserted.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0079F2E0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

I did try in both Mac and Windows but the result is the same.
Please find the attached BIOS file and help me!. I did post my issues in your thread in insanelymac topic (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ty/page__st__300__gopid__1910493#entry1910493)
Thank you very much for doing what you are doing!!

Attachments

• pa230.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 193
Code rush just joined but we are rushing him :silent: Sorry dude but I just got to know.

I used your guide to flash a modified bios.

On the screen it appears to all look well except for 2 things. I was just wondering if it was successful or not = \

PDR Region does not exist

and GBE region does not exist

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    730.4 KB · Views: 509
  • code rush error.JPG
    code rush error.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 444
hello I'm sorry but I speak only Italian, who can help me, P8B75-v asus bios 1202, I try to install the bios pacth m lion 10.8.3

Hey, I've got ML running on my Samsung NP300E5a laptop, DPCI. I can't read the rom and was told, by SJ_Underwater to post my bios file here. I didn't know if I should post my current bios rom or a newer one (which i haven't updated to yet) So heres the newer one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 09QA.rom.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
Since you were able to find Samsung's BIOS update and successfully unpacked the exe, I should tell you the file itself is patchable by PMPatch/DPCIManager, the only part left is to try to flash the patched version, but that's where you should be careful. Nikolaj may have some advice there.

Okay thank you very much for your help, I'll give it a go.

just wanted to let you know it looks like your newest darwin binary is 5.12 code but reports 5.11? was the source of some confusion but I will be including it in the next DPCI build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back