Contribute
Register

Plz help me, With Kaby Lake i5 7400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building an Hackintosh for my music studio.
Plz help me. I don't want any issues with audio or ethernet later. Am planning to buy an i5 7400 cause it's cheapest i5, in India. Want to install El Capitan. And the mobo is Gigabyte GA B250-HD3. Is it gonna work? Also alternative CPU and mobo suggestions is deeply appreciated. I actually want to know what is the best i5 processor and best compatible gigabyte mobo for running El Capitan smoothly without any hiccups and issues with audio and ethernets. Cause I'll be working with audio in Logic Pro x.

Thanks are always given to this community. :)

Last edited:
I'm building an Hackintosh for my music studio.
Plz help me. I don't want any issues with audio or ethernet later. Am planning to buy an i5 7400 cause it's cheapest i5, in India. Want to install El Capitan. And the mobo is Gigabyte GA B250-HD3. Is it gonna work? Also alternative CPU and mobo suggestions is deeply appreciated. I actually want to know what is the best i5 processor and best compatible gigabyte mobo for running El Capitan smoothly without any hiccups and issues with audio and ethernets. Cause I'll be working with audio in Logic Pro x.

Thanks are always given to this community. :)

Your hardware combination requires MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or later for native support. Not sure if you can run El Capitan on it, but it will require the use of FakeCPUID at least.

If you insist on using El Capitan, it is best to use Skylake CPUs (i5 6400 / 6500 / 6600 / 6600K) as they are natively supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back