Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
CPU
i5 7600K
Graphics
none
Hey there,

After using my Sierra hackintosh for a while, I wanted to do some updates. So I updated the Clover Bootloader to 4586 and Updated Lilu, IntelMausiEthernet and FakeSMC.kext.

Now I am having the following issue: Right after I select my boot device on the Clover screen, the screen turns black. If I boot in verbose mode, I get a number of plus signs (see picture). If I boot from my backup, that I created BEFORE I did the updates, it won’t work either... If already tried booting in safe, single-user mode and with no-zp, no luck there... Do you have any ideas?

All the best,
schmolmo
View media item 190730

Last edited:
So I updated the Clover Bootloader to 2.4k
2.4k is wrong - When Clover starts the version number is shown in the bottom right corner of the screen.

A recent clover update added the suffix "-64" to the UEFI drivers. This often leads to your AMI memory fixes to get removed by the updater. Check if you still have AptioMemoryFix installed (or one of the other ones if you use them).

A recent clover update added the suffix "-64" to the UEFI drivers. This often leads to your AMI memory fixes to get removed by the updater. Check if you still have AptioMemoryFix installed (or one of the other ones if you use them).
Is there any way to check this directly in the bootloader? Or how would I do that?

I do not think that it is possible to check for that in Clover's UI; but I also have never looked for such functionality. Either way, you'll need to mount the EFI partition in another OS to add the driver should it be missing.

I'm doing a build with a similar motherboard for my friend.

As far as Clover and FakeSMC, just use multibeast.

For Lilu i'd recommend installing it in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/ because any kext you install outside of that folder (for example in /System/Library/Extensions/) might have trouble loading on newer OS Updates.

IntelMausiEthernet actually caused a kernel panic on my machine and i had to do a complete reinstall. You should check your ethernet chip for that. I used AppleIGB and it works great. If when you install it it gives you problems, try to connect your ethernet cable to the other ethernet port (the ports have both Intel chips but they're different models).

Regarding the plus-signs and the screen turning black i can say this:
• the plus signs are normal, just give it time to load the rest
• the black screen adds up to what i just said "give it time"
To me it seems you're booting from a slow device with clover on it. Are you booting from an external USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back