Contribute
Register

Pls, help to set up HDMI Audio! (10.13.6, Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just bought a Chinese projector and wondering if it's possible to output sound to an additional 3W speaker inside the projector, via HDMI. There is already VoodooHDA installed in the system to be able to output sound from the motherboard, so is it possible to make the AppleHDA sound without uninstalling Voodoo?

Video: GeForce 8400 GS 1Gb,
System Version: High Sierra 10.13.6,
Bootloader: Clover

P.S. I've tried so far to install some kexts from the configurator: Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC to the Other folder, but with no effect, maybe something needs to be added to the config based on the video card? Thanks!

Just bought a Chinese projector and wondering if it's possible to output sound to an additional 3W speaker inside the projector, via HDMI. There is already VoodooHDA installed in the system to be able to output sound from the motherboard, so is it possible to make the AppleHDA sound without uninstalling Voodoo?

Video: GeForce 8400 GS 1Gb,
System Version: High Sierra 10.13.6,
Bootloader: Clover

P.S. I've tried so far to install some kexts from the configurator: Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC to the Other folder, but with no effect, maybe something needs to be added to the config based on the video card? Thanks!

Hi there.

Well two methods spring to mind:

1) The Nvidia Web-drivers for High Sierra should do it.

2) There is a FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI.kext (from memory, this name I may have mis-spelled) which when coupled with the host - FakePCIID.kext - will enable HDMI audio output. In my experience this may actually output through your GPU contrary to expectations. But as they say - YMMV.

:)

Hi, thanks. Regarding the first method, is there a way to start up with NVIDIA Web drivers from EFI with Clover having the working video kext in place (that I believe lies in S/L/E)? If I remember right, an attempt to install the NVIDIA Web driver for this card brought my system to stop starting up, so I had to restore it from a backup, which was pretty hemorrhoid.
Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 15.27.25.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 15.27.27.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back