Contribute
Register

pls help, need a build for catalina, big sur or at least monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose the z490 aorus pro ax (the One i can afford right now) but someone's having issues...
I Remember i had no problems in the past when i first chose my old msi z97 PC mate from the buyers guide to make my First build

What problems is your friend having?

Gigabyte motherboards are more easily hack'd than MSI or ASRock.

I used Z490 Aorus Ultras with no problems.

:)

What problems is your friend having?

Gigabyte motherboards are more easily hack'd than MSI or ASRock.

I used Z490 Aorus Ultras with no problems.

Sorry if im late...i read threads about USB 3.0 not working or audio..that's why i fear buying that mb, the aorus pro ax..
Btw aorus ultras Is too much for me at the moment.
What are the differences between the ultra n the pro ax models?

Edit: ok i looked on gigabyte website, Theres no big differences between These models, if yours worked, It should mine as well.

Last edited:
I chose the z490 aorus pro ax (the One i can afford right now) but someone's having issues...
I Remember i had no problems in the past when i first chose my old msi z97 PC mate from the buyers guide to make my First build

Well I do not have a Gigabyte z490 Aorus Pro AX, BUT the last two Gigabyte Aorus motherboards I have built PCs with both used the ALC1220-VB audio codec, as has the Pro AX, which will work with AppleALC.kext. I am using one now.

I also have all USB ports working - USB2 and USB3 and USB3.2. :thumbup:

So those two things should not be a problem. However you must make your own choice. Our Buyers Guide has been compiled from known working components.

Well I do not have a Gigabyte z490 Aorus Pro AX, BUT the last two Gigabyte Aorus motherboards I have built PCs with both used the ALC1220-VB audio codec, as has the Pro AX, which will work with AppleALC.kext. I am using one now.

I also have all USB ports working - USB2 and USB3 and USB3.2. :thumbup:

So those two things should not be a problem. However you must make your own choice. Our Buyers Guide has been compiled from known working components.

Ok thank you..last question, Is There a guide to set up BIOS for this mb in order to boot installer? I Remember There was One about msi 9 series mb but i dunno about gigabyte

@pupuff93 Just so you know, there is no such thing as a plug and play Hackintosh motherboard. All Hackintosh systems require some work.

The Z490 boards are natively supported in macOS along with the 10th Gen Intel CPU's, in that they have been used by Apple. Anything newer has not, so the 500 and 600-series motherboards are not natively supported and have more issues to overcome.

If I understand correctly you want to buy a board that requires as little work as possible. The only way to get a system like that is for you to buy an Apple System.

You need to look for a board that has a number of success stories posted here. Preferably with a Golden Build guide for you to follow.

Bios settings for Gigabyte boards are fairly standard. Using the following as a base would suffice:

Change the following settings in the BIOS:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Settings for using Dedicated Graphics + Integrated graphics card:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: PEG/PCIe Slot 1
  3. Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
  4. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
Settings for Intel iGPU only:
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher

@pupuff93 Just so you know, there is no such thing as a plug and play Hackintosh motherboard. All Hackintosh systems require some work.

The Z490 boards are natively supported in macOS along with the 10th Gen Intel CPU's, in that they have been used by Apple. Anything newer has not, so the 500 and 600-series motherboards are not natively supported and have more issues to overcome.

If I understand correctly you want to buy a board that requires as little work as possible. The only way to get a system like that is for you to buy an Apple System.

You need to look for a board that has a number of success stories posted here. Preferably with a Golden Build guide for you to follow.

Bios settings for Gigabyte boards are fairly standard. Using the following as a base would suffice:

Change the following settings in the BIOS:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Settings for using Dedicated Graphics + Integrated graphics card:
  2. Graphics: PEG/PCIe Slot 1
  3. Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
  4. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
Settings for Intel iGPU only:
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
Ok thanks a lot, i'll open a new thread when i got all the stuff set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back