Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B75M D3V
CPU
E3 1230 V2
Graphics
HD 6850
Now My pc running the 10.11.6,everything goes well except the sleep problem, can not wake up.
my pc:
CPU: E3 1230 V2
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3V
GPU :HD 6850 1G
Ram: Kinston 1600 4G X2
PSU: 450w forget the brand

Now i want to upgrade my pc. there are 2 ways i have .
first way:
CPU: I5 7500
Motherboard: z270 Gaming 5
Gpu: Evga 1060 3g
Ram: Kinston 2400 8G X2

The second way
Cpu: E3 1230V2
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3V
Ram: Kingston 1600 8g x2 (UPGRADE here)
Gpu: evga 1060 3g (upgrade here)
Psu: remain the old one (dun know still enough for the new set?)

The Reason i want to upgrade my pc is:
1. i want to buy a 4k monitor ( dell p2415q or LG 27ud58 ), want to have a retina display.
2. the old pc when i use adobe photoshop liquefaction function always feel a little lag. hope change the new Gpu can change this situation.

So pls help me choose.

and I heard from someone say I5 7500 not better than E3 1230V2....

i5 7500 is not better than e3 1230v2 in multicore operations but is better in single core performance so these two cpus are really quite similar
i would go for the second option. you can do the first option after anyway. the PSU should be on its edge. it depends on its quality after the years. so if you get any trouble you can change it later as well. but 1060 should take theoretical maximum 330w cpu is around 70w and the memory 10-20w and mobo around 50w

i5 7500 is not better than e3 1230v2 in multicore operations but is better in single core performance so these two cpus are really quite similar
i would go for the second option. you can do the first option after anyway. the PSU should be on its edge. it depends on its quality after the years. so if you get any trouble you can change it later as well. but 1060 should take theoretical maximum 330w cpu is around 70w and the memory 10-20w and mobo around 50w

first thank you for ur reply, and if i choose the second way , maybe i can change a matx motherboard which have 4 ram slot. then i can buy another 8G 1600 DDR3 ram. is it ok? and can give a suggest for the matx motherboard.
because last time there is a ram slot have a little problem. but still can use. so maybe change the motherboard also a good way?

changing the mainboard just to make more ram slots available is a different story :) idont think that you can get a cheap mobo for this CPU today. as i had to upgrade myself few days ago because my mobo with socket 1155 went south

changing the mainboard just to make more ram slots available is a different story :) idont think that you can get a cheap mobo for this CPU today. as i had to upgrade myself few days ago because my mobo with socket 1155 went south
just now check with my place , i still can buy a B75M D3H new piece. this motherboard suit for the hackinston or not ? this motherboard have 4 ram slot, and quite cheap. around $45 . if this mother board suit for hackinston, i just buy it and add one more 8g ram, buy a new gpu. should be a best way.

So is the motherboard suitable?

just now check with my place , i still can buy a B75M D3H new piece. this motherboard suit for the hackinston or not ? this motherboard have 4 ram slot, and quite cheap. around $45 . if this mother board suit for hackinston, i just buy it and add one more 8g ram, buy a new gpu. should be a best way.

So is the motherboard suitable?

Sure, the B75M-D3H works fine. I have one running on Yosemite / El Capitan earlier. (It was converted back to a Windows machine.) Most likely it will also work in Sierra or later.

thank you all bro. just bought the Gigabyte GTX 1050TI and LG 27ud58.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back