HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

i have this annoying "plop" Sound with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH.
Right before a regular Sound or sometimes when there should be quietness.
What SysInfo (About this MAC) shall i use? Because i read this could have something to do with those SysInfos.

Any other hints?

Thanks a lot

With mac pro 3,1 you don't have this problem. but if you need/want to use others there usually is this popping sound.
however there is a fix for that!

google: antipop for mac

http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html

let me know if it worked!

Jan

Thanks buddy. Seems like the antipop is working on my HP Probook. So it should be working with the Gigabyte, too. I will find out soon.
I think i choose something different than the 3,1. I might get this changed.

Thanks again!

Hey guys,

i have this annoying "plop" Sound with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH.
Right before a regular Sound or sometimes when there should be quietness.
What SysInfo (About this MAC) shall i use? Because i read this could have something to do with those SysInfos.

Any other hints?

Thanks a lot

Confirmed this works. I installed imac 13,1 i think and it popped after a long silence. Sounds real bad and probably isnt good for studio monitors. Went in with multibeast and changed to macpro3,1 works fine now

So I have this popping sound as well but chose to identify my machine as mac mini. The reason I identified as mac mini was to use intel HD integrated graphics. If I switch to the macpro definition to avoid this, will I have graphical problems?

No, you are good to go. Give it a try and please report back, alright?

So the antipop option is working really well for me, so I'm nervous to change the definition now. I will definitely report if my status changes though.

Can anybody report that the antipop solution is working for system definitions other than macpro 3,1? I have GA-Z77X-UP5-TH/3770k i7 under mac pro 3,1 but want to change to imac 12,2 without the popping audio problem.

thx guys

Can anybody report that the antipop solution is working for system definitions other than macpro 3,1? I have GA-Z77X-UP5-TH/3770k i7 under mac pro 3,1 but want to change to imac 12,2 without the popping audio problem.
thx guys
Sure, just install Antipop and the Audio should be fine! But i don't know about other impacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back