Contribute
Register

Plextor m8pegn 256G m2 m.2 pcie - Mac OS Sierra - RehabMan, Pike NVMe latest status

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dmitry_matora Hi, in the end is your system usable? I am trying to install Sierra on a Plextor m8pegn 500G NVME and can't get it to show in Disk Util. Can you point me in the right direction?

@dmitry_matora Hi, in the end is your system usable? I am trying to install Sierra on a Plextor m8pegn 500G NVME and can't get it to show in Disk Util. Can you point me in the right direction?
Yeah. I tried to make it working with kext but it didn't work. After reading the docs i've realized that kext only supposed to work after you mess with SSDT, so i just gave up on it and waited for system to crush. And it did crush once during first 3 days of use. I've installed SSD to use it as time machine backup destination, so that if it crashes again i can quickly recover (never used time machine before, wanted to give it a try, and it rocks). Since then haven't crashed once.

Well, my issue was that I have the Intel Optane setting activated in Bios, instead of AHCI.
After a few struggles with the GPT/MBR boot format (had to use gdisk), I now have a dual boot and a functional GTX 1070.
Just like you, I had to use the patches and not the Hackr kext, which would either freeze things out or not do anything.

@RehabMan Thanks for the info! Now, what is the risk of using the kext patches? That a changed kext in a future OS update could break things? I've included the patches in the Clover on the SSD and at this point it boots fine on its own.

@RehabMan Thanks for the info! Now, what is the risk of using the kext patches? That a changed kext in a future OS update could break things? I've included the patches in the Clover on the SSD and at this point it boots fine on its own.

Updates are covered in the guide...
But if you can change the block size to 4k, that would be preferred as you can then use the native kext.

I am using @dmitry_matora code, and my Plextor M8Pe 512G can be recognized
Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_3_plextor_liteon

However, I am using 10.12.5, is it ok for this version?

However, I am using 10.12.5, is it ok for this version?
Well, as I was saying, I never got SSDT working, so I'm still using clover patch.
At this point when installing system I would try High Sierra (on HFS, since APFS breaks a lot), which according to rumors has native NVME support.

Well, as I was saying, I never got SSDT working, so I'm still using clover patch.
At this point when installing system I would try High Sierra (on HFS, since APFS breaks a lot), which according to rumors has native NVME support.
I clone the existing 10.12.5 disk to M.2 using CCC, and it seem it is working at all.
However, not sure, whether 10.12.3 is compatible to 10.12.5 or not....

Hi ! I have the same ssd nvme , did you test the
dmitry_matora solution with 10.12.5 ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back