Contribute
Register

PLESE HELP!! After Effects won't recognize my GTX 660 Ti. Ray-Traced 3D: itial shader compile failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Win7
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I have a huge problem. My system consist of Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH and Zotac GTX 660 Ti.
I followed everything in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...erbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-a-9.html

Everything works perfect. I installed CUDA drivers and I added my card to the CUDA lists and Premiere recognizes it. LuxMark too. But After Effects recognizes only HD4000. Therefore, I keep getting "Ray-Traced 3D: itial shader compile failed." error and I can not use GTX 660 Ti.

Please help, thanks.

Did you add your card to the raytracer supported cards text file? If so, then do the following things. Update to AE 6.0.2, reinstall Nvidia Drivers, and reinstall CUDA. Make sure you use CUDA ver 5.0.36 as .37 is causing issues for some people. I was having the same issue until I reinstalled the drivers.

Thanks for your answer kundica, my problem was solved by updating AE. CUDA works perfectly fine. But I have another question/problem:

Is it possible to force AE to use GPU instead of HD4000 for OpenGL?
Connecting the monitor to GPU won't be problem but if I connect to MB, it uses HD4000 for OpenGL and GTX 660 Ti for CUDA. I'm asking this because I'm planning to buy Apple Thunderbolt Display but it seems AE will be problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back