Contribute
Register

Please Point Me in the Right Direction (Sabertooth P67)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OSX mountain lion
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey fellow members on tonymacx86 :)

I've been cruising around on this forum for a while to prepare myself for my first "Hackintosh".

I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow or the day tomorrow which consists of the following components:

Intel i7 2600K CPU
ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (2x4) Memory
XFX 6870 Black edition Dual Fan
Intel 510 SSD 120GB

I've seen a few with the same build (or very similar) and have had success in turning their computer capable of running Snow Leopard 10.6.7. But i can't see any specific guides on installing on the Sabertooth P67 Mobo.

What i've done is putting Snow Leopard on a bootable USB memory.
Downloaded Multibeast, iBoot, Combo update and Bridgehelper. Aswell Andys bootCD.

Anyone care to point me to what guide to use when installing this Snow Leopard on this System? :) or you may write it here hehe

Hey ho Yoga

Thank you so much for the link and the response! Reading through it right now and it seems easy enough hehe.

:)

I have the P8P67 Deluxe, but I found Andy's boot CD the easiest.
I tried the new iBoot but didn't work for me. Maybe there's things needs to be done, but the instructions are not clear or complete.

Following Andy's instructions, you'll boot from your harddrive in no time.
Use Multibeast to customize your build.

Deluxe is using the ALC889 audio chipset (not sure what Sabertooth is using), and I still can't make it work.

I have the Same Mobo and CPU and RAM, mine is working perfectly. Yoga's direction is right.

The only difference is I used iBoot-legacy because I can't boot up with Andy's CD. After installation don't use Multi-beast, instead mount Andy's bootcd and install P8P67 package.
After rebooting open Multi-beast and install HD Audio driver.

Not trying to hijack the OP's thread, but this might help him too.
How do you guys enabled audio for the Deluxe?

I tried things I read here, but it's not working for me. After running Andy's package, it installed drivers for the ALC892.
So I deleted the 892 kext (not sure from where, as I just used Finder), then ran MultiBeast to install HDA and 889. But nothing happened. About is still reporting I have 892.
And under Systems/Library/Extensions (or something like that, not home right now), I can only see HDA and no 889.

Thanks.

Best to start your own thread as the sabertooth does not have that sound card :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back